Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (matts0246)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-18-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
is there anyone that has a pa system on their boat, thinking about getting one.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       11-18-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
wetsounds WS420 through four wetsounds Pro485's
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-18-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
Wetsounds WS420 also on my boat. The best EQ out there plus PA as a standard feature
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-18-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
I'm just curious, what is the main reason for getting a PA? Is it to:

Be able to give instructions to the rider or yell at your buddy several hundred feet away or just to mess around with? I just don't see myself using a PA much, except maybe to shout at the occasional power turner.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       11-18-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
I never thought i'd use it either, until you're communicating with a wakeboarder or surfer, yelling at a power turner, communicating with other boats, or people on shore ... dunno
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-18-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
I've found the ws420 to not be a very effective pa for communicating with riders, at least with a single pair of bullet 770 hlcds on 200w per channel. With the PA volume turned up as high as it will go without feedback, anything said through the mic is guaranteed to get a "WTF?" face from the person behind the boat (whether surfing or wakeboarding). Maybe with more power and more speakers it's effective for that purpose, but not so much with my setup.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-18-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
I have the WS420. Works mint with my well powered 4 by 6x9's box. It is a good tool for coaching no doubt.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-19-2010, 6:36 AM Reply   
Is there a way to do it with out the ws420. There is no way it could have a EQ on my boat with my wife pulling me all the time. Its to my benifit to keep my system as simple as possible and save our marriage.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-19-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
i have not reviewed this device but if you are on a budget:

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mari...8Black%29-P129
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-19-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
I had the WS420 also and it worked great. I have had two different systems with it and it did throw a little hiss through the speakers, but nothing to write home to mom about it.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-19-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I've found the ws420 to not be a very effective pa for communicating with riders, at least with a single pair of bullet 770 hlcds on 200w per channel. With the PA volume turned up as high as it will go without feedback, anything said through the mic is guaranteed to get a "WTF?" face from the person behind the boat (whether surfing or wakeboarding). Maybe with more power and more speakers it's effective for that purpose, but not so much with my setup.
I have two pair of Bullet 770's with 150w per speaker and the PA works fine at 2/3's volume all the way out to 80' line and I've never had noise/feedback.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-19-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
AJ
The noise or feedback is not when you have your speakers at volume. It is when they are turned down they wine a bit through the speaker. Have had 2 different ones with different tower speakers each time and installed at different places and was told it was normal. I have other friends that have them and have the same whine/hiss. Not a big deal at all and again is only when the volume is down. I know there was a lot of talk about this about 3 years ago on WW when people were all starting to install them. I know one of the solutions was to keep the volume knob down on your MIC when you are not using it, and there were some other suggestions then too. Can't remember and like I said it was never a big deal to me.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-19-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
AJ
The noise or feedback is not when you have your speakers at volume. It is when they are turned down they wine a bit through the speaker. Have had 2 different ones with different tower speakers each time and installed at different places and was told it was normal. I have other friends that have them and have the same whine/hiss. Not a big deal at all and again is only when the volume is down. I know there was a lot of talk about this about 3 years ago on WW when people were all starting to install them. I know one of the solutions was to keep the volume knob down on your MIC when you are not using it, and there were some other suggestions then too. Can't remember and like I said it was never a big deal to me.
I was responding to the guy who said he couldn't hear the PA through his Bullet 770's with 200watts per channel since I have the same speakers with less power. I didn't talk about hiss or noise through the speakers.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-19-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
My speakers are on an illusion x tower, so they are lower than a lot of other tower speakers. Which means the mic is closer to the speakers too. I dunno, man, I definitely get feedback if the mic volume is turned up beyond about 3/8.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-19-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
i could see it being a problem on the illusion tower, sitting on the back seat or motor cover sucks in a malibu with a loud tower