Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-09-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
I was wondering how the Michigan, Lansing area cable is coming? this was the cable that Scott Firman was heading up. There was a lot of discusions and updates as far as planning, changning of locations, EPA battles and system design and then silence.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
placidwakepark.com

you can buy passes online already, should be open late April/early May was what I heard last when I talked to Scott at the boat show. Pretty stoked about this!
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-10-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Looks like some clarification needs to be made.

Scott Firman = planning Lansing area cable

Scot Ferwerda = Grand Rapids area cable = placidwakepark.com (cable installed next week)
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-10-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
and what big city is around there? South Bend?
Old     (ben_dk)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-10-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
If you are talking about the Grand Rapids one then it is Grand Rapids
Old    dust3313            04-10-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
how is the one in lansing coming along? on the other thread the last posts were about problems getting the plans approved.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-10-2010, 10:32 PM Reply   
I think the last thing that was mentioned about that one was that it would be on I-96 somewhere presumably east of Lansing. It sounded like they had to get the legal work and approval before they got to the physical work though.

Last edited by wakeborder5; 04-10-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-11-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
Jim, would love to have that park up east of Lansing,
get on that for me
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-11-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Is Placid Wake Park a 6 tower or a 2.0? Couldnt find much info on their website.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
It's going to be a 2.0. I think I read somewhere that its being installed this week.
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-11-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
Why does the Placid Wake Park website have a picture of McCormicks on top of it?
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-11-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Placid is a 2 tower cable with a boat running on a separate lake as well, footings are installed this week. Cable either this week or next. Rails being constructed over the next 3-5 weeks.

I took the header pic when I was at McComicks 4 weeks ago since 95% of the west Michigan community has no clue what a "wake park" is. That pic will change as soon as there are a couple rails in the water.
Old     (scotf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-11-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Hey Guys, The System 2.0 will be installed the 25th of April at Placid Wake Park and riding for everyone begins on the 1st of May. You can start booking sessions for the cable and boat by calling 616-443-5094 or online now, also soon will be able to view the daily schedule and book your session with our online booking calendar. We will have a Grand Opening the middle of May where we will unveil a new rail. The reason for the Pic of McCormicks is that there are no rails or Cables at Placid yet. Soon! By Grand Opening time the park will have 4 to 5 rail options at one time with wakeskating and beginner wakeboard rails up to rails that will push the top pros. Also a full pro shop with all the new 2010 gear. Check the website for lots of updates in the next few weeks! www.Placidwakepark.com

Placid Wake Park
info@placidwakepark.com
616.443.5094 Phone
11252 84th Ave West Olive, MI 49460
www.PlacidWakePark.com
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Like they say "No news is Good news" lol.

Keep the info coming on GR i am looking forward to riding there soon.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-14-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
$25 an hour to share a one person cable with 4 other people. I live near there and I will go check it out for sure, but that seems a bit steep. If only a couple people show up on a weekday thats not too bad. What does everyone think. A 2 hour pass at owc/wakenation... is $25
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Matt - It depends on how you look at it, sure i could see your point on a 2 hour value comparing wakenateion or OWC if it was in your back yard that would be valid but it is not. so you have associated cost for flying or driving, hotel, meals and then the $25 dollars does not sound so bad. There are some advantages over a boat also, if you owned a boat and payed for the gas (because when you own a boat 80% percent of the gas going threw that machine is from your wallet) maintenance and insurance. you pay about $25.00 a sessions behind your boat given our short season. i think it is a fair price considering they are supplying all the rails.

I am leaving for the Revolustion cable park tonight woooo hoooo.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-17-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Dear www.PlacidWakePark.com

Spell check. Seriously! And your FAQ section starts sentences with lower-case letters. Poor use of English makes you look bad.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Welcome G Q .