Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
i currently ride the blindside blade 138...sick ass board, but i'm always looking for something better to take my riding to the next level.

has anyone ridden the '05 lf subjekt? what's it like? edge, pop and landing? is it loose? also, coming from a 138, should i demo the 137 or the 141?

thanks in advance!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Rode it when I was deomoing the others you suggested. I liked it but it had too hard of landings. It's pretty fast and has great pop for a three stage but I was just too big for it.

I found the perfect board for me a couple of weeks ago. The ERA in a 147, that's right a 147. The board is so damn big it lands like a 747. I love it.

When you and Frankie coming up???
Old    drewsky24            05-25-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
I want either the Subjekt 137 or the Substance 138 Im gonna demo both of them as soon as my local shop gets them back I'll tell you what I think of both of them.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-25-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
im riding the subjekt right now, its very quick and pops really well. its pretty loose also, which i like, the only downside is it lands a little hard. joe, if you're not busy tomorrow you might want to check it out the LF demo at carlsbad lagoon tomorrow http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=204 or if you want to hook me up with a pull you're more than welcome to ride mine.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       05-25-2005, 10:18 PM Reply   
my friend has an 05 he would let go because its a brand new warranty replacement from his 04. he bought a gator because it was taking so long and the lf is still in the wrapping. if ya want it i can put you in touch with him
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-26-2005, 5:23 AM Reply   
You seem to be almost as bad as Squid Joe......

As for the board I can't help you I have never ridden it. Sorry.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-26-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Joe, you ever ride the substance?... I kinda want to try the Subject too, but I fell in love with the Substance. So far I have no complaints about the ride. The only complaint I had is the smaller sizes land hard. I started out on the 138 and didn't like the landings. I tried the 142 and it was like a different board. Lots of pop and decent landings. Excellent tracking. Check it out if you haven't already.

If you end up demoing a Subject let us know what you think. I've been curious for a while.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
No on can top my board whoring. Nor will it ever end unless they stop making new boards.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
chad, not even close, dude. i don't get on a board and say "i found my board!" then a month later, say "i found my board!"

evan, i rode the substance last weekend. sick board, but not good enough for me to replace my blade.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
Joe, I think your going to have a hard time finding something you like better than the blade. You like a faster board and thats the fastest. Out of all the boards I have tried.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
true. but what if a slower (not real slow) board is what i need?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-26-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
so many boards, so little time.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
Ok, Joe then I would try the Marius. Its great for spinning if thats where your headed. I have found out that a faster board works better for inverts and a slower for spins. I think it has to do with set up time for me. Keep trying them joe you will find it. I have been lost on different boards sence I broke my super freak from stinger. The Marius could be the one (maybe cause there are no more to try)