Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-24-2001, 7:43 PM Reply   
i need help on everything like how to get up how to put on my bindings how to take them off every thing and enything that you can help me with because i'm a BEGINER and i have know idea how to do eny of this stuff
Old    adjustable, sandal, highwraps, etc            07-24-2001, 7:58 PM Reply   
Congratulations on being part of the best sport there is. To get up on the board, you should start with the board perpendicular to the boat with the rope centered above the board. Stay in a tight tuck with your arms outside of your knees. As the boat starts to pull you, push against it slightly and put more weight on your back foot. I hope i explained this right cuz i never think about it anymore, it just comes natural after a while. On how to get in and out of bindings, that all depends on what type they are (adjustable, sandal, highwraps, etc). But for the most part just slide in and out of them. If your not sure about anything else just ask and I'll help you. Hope this helps
Old                07-29-2001, 8:20 PM Reply   
when getting up i put my elbows INSIDE my knees, i guess it doesnt matter, but as soon as you do it once it will come natural. as for getting out of bindings it depends on what kind you have, but i grab the top of the board with one hand and the top of the back of the binding with the other, and twist the top of the board towards me. hope that makes sense. ohh and use soap when you put your bindings on. it helps your feet slide in a lot better.
Old                08-01-2001, 12:00 PM Reply   
What they are forgetting to say is that you really need to let the boat pull you up. If you try to do the work, it won't come easy. Sit down on the ground with you legs in front of you and bent. Have someone pull you up from this position with you holding the handle of the rope and them pulling the rope. As you rotate forward from the sitting position, you will feel the point when you can stand up. Take this entire feeling and put it in the water because it is the same. Now when you stand up, pull the handle to you lead hip and this will make the board turn. If you feel like you are not riding sideways, release the back hand and it will help you. Get yourself a copy of Detention with Shaun Murray and you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps.
Old                08-01-2001, 9:40 PM Reply   
good call chris
Old                08-02-2001, 7:21 AM Reply   
Thanks, I try to be a helper.
Old                08-02-2001, 9:07 AM Reply   
don't use soap to put your bindings on, invest in some newt juice. soap takes all the oils out of the rubber, and it screws them up bad, the rubber will start flaking off. and they'll loose their stretch. belive me newt juice is worth the investment
Old                08-02-2001, 4:18 PM Reply   
What I did for my bindings is loosen them as much as possible and get my feet in without soap a few times cause this loosens them up. Then i left a couple of beer bottles in them over night for a few days so they took that shape. Then I tightened them to fit snuggly again. By doing this, then if you fall out of your bindings then you don't have to get in t he boat again every time to get back on your board, it will slip on easily with water.