Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-04-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
and still riding. I'll be 50 in 2 months, been riding for 5 years and have zero skills. Just wondering how many old dudes are still rockin' it. Pain doesn't even come into play anymore.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-04-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
My dad stills rides a few times a year (58) and one of my friend's dads is still clearing the wake and working on backrolls in his 50s
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-04-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
Sweet Adam. Tell him to cruise down to Belews Lake and we'll hit it together. Never say die.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-04-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
My dad is 56 and he rides... he just thinks he's on a slalom ski- turns and all!

A wakeboard is a good substitute for a slalom ski for him because his shoulder and neck hurt pretty much all the time after he rides a ski.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-04-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Nice. I've had both shoulders reconstructed and I'm going for a partial shoulder replacement in September. Only because I don't want to miss the summer. Old dudes rock.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-04-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Double nickle here. Riding a couple times a week.
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-04-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
Randy r you near canadagua New york? That boat looks familiar
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-04-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
patch,
I am moving to Canandaigua area soon.. are you around there?
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-04-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
No but visit a bunch. Canadagua Lake is amazing and flat most of the time. You can live on it too. ITs really big.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-04-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
randy you get a new boat?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2009, 4:11 AM Reply   
Patch, I'm in North Carolina.

Gerald, same boat since '06.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2009, 5:01 AM Reply   
53 here

Upload
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Fifty three here.Two rotator cuffs,one acl replacement,but I love it too much to quit.I ride pretty much every day.
Old    wiz            07-05-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
u guys rock!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
You guys are truly inspiring. I hope I am riding into my 50's, but being I am 32 and have already had a major back surgery i really wonder sometimes.
Old     (ftd)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-05-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
54 here. Been riding since 1991 and still love it. I got 2nd at National Championships Veterans Division in 2000. I ride weekly and last week I reproduced my 2000 run. I was really stoked as I have been having problems with my TS BS 180 lately.

Frank
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-05-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
48 not the greatest rider but were not skipping my set.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
It's all in the mind. 50's the new 30. We could start an old guys pro tour.haha. Not so sure I'd want to see the groupies though.

(Message edited by dudeman on July 05, 2009)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
That's awesome Frank. You really set the bar.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
No kidding, sweet Frank. John, your no slouch either. What are the rules in the veteran's division? They have an over 40 competition around here, but they don't allow inverts. Didn't really understand that because I believe you can do more damage on spins gone wrong than a missed invert.

(Message edited by dudeman on July 05, 2009)
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
n/m i was thinking tickle.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
tick will buy and sell some boats.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Not there yet but a couple more & I'll be working the 50's program! 48 & still running marathons.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
57 here, ...riding since Skurfers were the thing.

My bag 'o tricks has gotten smaller, (actually never was that big) ...but still having a good time.

Still snowboard, surf, and and ride a mountain bike, and can keep up with the youngsters.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
rio, you're a stud. I love snowboarding myself. I get to spend some quality time with my son on the mountains. He pushes me and that is so cool. Wish I lived in a place that I could surf. Tried a few times at the coast in NC, but it just didn't seem right.
Old     (ftd)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-05-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
Randy, the WWA Veterans class had no special rules. A guy named David Cornwall used to dominate that divison. His run was virtually all inverts.
Joe Pearson was lobbying for >50 class for the nationals/worlds last year but I don't think anything came of it.

Frank
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-05-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
48 here..pics taken last week at 5 Gal of freedom tour...4 time Nationals Champ, 2 time 2nd at World's...still rockin...still lovin it!Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-05-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
I was registered to ride in Veterans at nationals this year for the first time but got bumped down to Masters because I turned 40 in March? :-( I am 40. Now I have to ride against 30 year olds? :-(
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-05-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
54 and ride as often as I can
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-05-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
Hey everyone... Joe Pearson here... I will be 56 August 2nd, (ok to send me presents). Good to hear everyone still rockin... I would ride the 50 + division if we could get at least 6 riders for next year. I love riding, my toughest thing is to find someone to ride with... I have got to meet and ride with a lot of great riders across the country... Frank Davis, David Cornwall, Pat McElhinney, Necrassan, Emily, Milissa, the Canyon Lake Crew, the Gang from Liquid Force, Harf, Cheryl and Carl Newton, my Mexico Friends, Pigi in Italy, and a bunch of younger riders too. With the economy, I have been surfing more this year... I have lots of tricks I still want to learn... Enjoy every day you can. Aloha Joe Pearson / Huntington Beach
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2009, 5:25 AM Reply   
Wow GURU, those are some fantastic pics! Great riding. Looks like there's still a few old dudes giving a good ride. And thanks Randy.

I just took up riding behind the boat after laying off quite a bit and only riding the cable for quite a few years. It's really getting me back in shape. Great exercise.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-06-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
47 and working on backrolls. Almost landed HS several times last week (make it all the way around) but lost the rope each time. W2W's, some grabs and 180's dialed in. Road 3-4 times a day last week on vacation. Need to go to work to get some rest.
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-06-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
Thanks John!...years of stupidity and lack of concern for physical well being...Congrats to all the guys still pushin it, and it's never too late to get started!
Old    d_fresh            07-06-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Still trying to perfect the basic HS W2W, but enjoying it. Using my skills to promote the scene in MI. www.wlwake.com
Old     (bogiedog1)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-06-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
48 and still rolling every chance I get. Hoping to hit a back-roll this summer.

Done more damage to my knees in 3 years of riding than in the 45 years previous...
Old     (ftd)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-06-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Joe,

You know you can count me in for 50+. We need to do this before we need 60+!! HAHA

Frank
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-06-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
awesome thread.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-06-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
There's some experience on here with some serious skills. I need to step it up. Nice riding everyone.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-06-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
I'll be 48 next month and I'm still riding strong. This was taken last week.
Upload
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-07-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey fellow old dudes - I recommend you take a lesson, particularly if you are a converted skier like me. Lots of bad habits (turn and burn) from skiing I had to break. Getting some lessons from someone that knows what they are doing (I rode with Adam Fields from Lake Gaston in NC) has really improved my riding and enjoyment.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Looking good Alex.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-07-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Yo,
55 and still alive.
Best rider in our 7 man posse but that aint saying much, as I don't have much more than a weak W2W jump and some surface tricks but I love the exercise and joy of riding and hanging out with good people on the water.
aka
The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-07-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
I hear ya' Steve. I had the same turn and burn bad habit, but it didn't come from skiing. Always read when I was learning that this board was faster than that board, and I didn't really understand that because I would yank and crank anything I rode. It's becoming like golf now though when you get a bunch of advice and it messes with your game. The more I read, the more videos I watch and the more tips I get, it's just totally put me out of sync.
Old     (atomicholiday)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
My dad started riding about 2 or 3 years ago. He's in his mid 60's! Granted, he isn't doing to much, but he's havin' a blast.
Me? I'm 39 & just took up wakeskating this year. Also just sprained my knee trying to jump the thing. Landed one foot on & one foot off. Ouch...
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       07-07-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
My dads 53 rides 1 to 3 days a week and can to 180 hs ts switch and reg. He can do some pretty sick grabs too and me and all of my friends are jealous of his Half cab-mute glide... its pretty sick. But he tweaked his knee real bad on abackroll attempt the other day... doc says he ok tho. Im 23 and we started riding at the same time and I have had more injuries than him! (torn acl and concussion) tho i do a little more.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-08-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
Alex, nice photo.... why are you looking down?
Never waste a camera shot! Congrats to all us old dudes still having FUN. Aloha Joe Pearson
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-08-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
I'm 50 and ride just about every weekend. A lot more old guys, than youngin's on the dawn patrol.
Probably because were in bed by 9.
Old    star_star            07-08-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
55 in two months and running out of duct tape to hold all of my parts together. bad neck, back knee and shoulder but i ride as often as possible. 3-4 times per week year round. i feel better after riding than any other time during the week....well, with the exception of you know when hahahahaha. gthlsu.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Hey Star,
Man,... I am hearing what your saying!
It don't matter tho, duct tape is still cheap, one role per ride!
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-08-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
John Anderson is my hero!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Old Grey Beard:
Rode the Natural the Gator and The Collin Wright, rode MAO into the night.
Bad shoulder, back, left, right knee,
rode MAO till my ankle barked at me.
Back in the day they called me Superman
Now they just say "Sup,.. rea,.. man ?"
But on a good day I can still ride
While some youngins on the water hang their heads and hide
Who's that a rippen along yonder shore?
It's the Wakeboard Geezer and I'm gonna ride some more!
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-08-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
I'm turning 52 tomorrow and just started last yr; don't get to ride much till I get my own boat in the next couple of yrs, but love this sport and plan on doing it as long as I'm able to stand up!! You guys inspire me to keep learning!
(hopefully this isn't just a guys thread?)
Old    59yroldkid            07-08-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
(Actually, I'll be 61 in a couple of months). I ride every chance I get, 12 months a year, although my riding isn't especially impressive. I got up for the first time on a wakeboard about two years ago.
Old    59yroldkid            07-08-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Hi Jules! Haven't seen you all year! What up?
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Yo Jules,
Heck no Little Sister, bring it on in here!
My wife was over 50 the first time she tried to ride. She couldn't get up on the board the first few times out and in fact said "I'LL never get my fat A** up!" She kept trying and finally worked it out. She now rides almost every weekend in the summer and this is her third season. The old gal now has three different boards of her own.
One is a LF Diva, a Krown Q and now she is riding an O'Brien Player. Funny,.. She really likes the Playa
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
DUDES!!!
Anderson, Guru2, Alex, you guys sky like a motha!
That's some tough stuff!
Love it, Love it, Love it!
You guys are the Shez!
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-08-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
right on, I guess at 40 I'm a spring chicken!!
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-08-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
This thread is startin to sound more like a club! Maybe we should pick a lake to all meet up at sometime, ride, hang out and swap stories....I'll bring my Wakesetter
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-08-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
You old Bastids... I hope to live that long ;)
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-08-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
GURU2, a meet up sounds good to me. Count me in.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
This goes out to all my Geriatric Wakeboard Brothas,
Especially to the ones that sky like Mothas!

"Old Grey Beard No. 2”
or
"The Ballad of the Shreddy"

Jumping out of a Malibu the young gangsta stunned the crowd
with his wakeskate, board shorts and talking loud

sun tan muscles and G2 drink
braggin bout how his stuff don’t stink

I'm The Wakeboard Natural the best in the land
I've done it all I can even ride in sand
If there's a trick out there you think you know
Lay it on me old man and I'LL do it for show

Then old Grey beard said you aint did jack
till you can do a shreddy, survive and come back
Only one man I know ever lived to tell
and by now that boys on his way back from hell

You gotta be the best to pass the test
If you can't fly then you might die
How long you rode, son you aint been far
unless you can do a ShreddyBoomBooNanar

The natural shrieked, I can do anything
tell me how it’s done cause skills I bring
I'LL bust it out, ten times in a row
Then do it again sideways just for show

The bearded one smirked then cranked up the boat
We gonna see just how good you float
Strap on your board and give it a fling
let’s see you do your natural thing

I'LL get the boat doing fity then speed up some
cause you got to go fast to make this run
Then do a real nasty heal side cut
till you feel the muscles burning down in your gut

By now I got the boat doing ninety eight
if not oh well it’s your life mate
pop a big Ollie at the crest of the wake
and hope you aint made the move too late

If you is still conscious young fella, from the high thin air
from the jump you just did then listen here
snatch a double back invert half cab Mobe
then line up the next move cause there's a whole lot mo

Now go into a SkeezerFrontside 900,FlipMobius Whirlybird X-Mobe Hoochy
Glide-to-Fakie Slurpy with an S bend Smoochy

Let go of the handle with an over mouth smother
With only one hand flicking boogers with the other

bout now you be thinking that feeling in yo pants
is getting kinda squishy and running like ants
only bigger and lumpy so the saying goes
you Naturally shat yourself now eva body knows

Still high in the air but on his way down
The natural is spread eagle and flaylin around
his eyes bugged open and white as a sheet
like a half crazed billy goat he began to bleat

Save me Grey Beard from this awful mess
I aint gonna make it or pass the test
I would rather be ate by a big ole shark
cause this landings gonna leave one hell of a mark

Late at night when the boats go home
and the moon is full and the waters calm
you can hear a faint voice as the wind goes by
from a natural young man that was flying high

Never seen again from that fateful day
I'm the best there is he used to say
but now and forever as he wakes in the sky
don't let Grey Beard talk you into shreddy or your bound to die

you gotta be the best to pass the test
If you can't fly then you might die
How long you rode, son you aint been far
unless you can do a ShreddyBoomBooNanar

Copyright the Wakeboard Geezer
Dennie Sparkman

Upload
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
You guys make me feel better. I have struggled this year with my riding due to injuries last Summer (torn abd muscle) and now this Summer (broken arm) from other sports. Everyone says "you ride fine for your age". Damn I hate those words. I can only do 180s and back rolls, but I want to nail 3s and tantrums before I am 50. I have 18 months left to reach my goal and now I can show my family this thread as proof that age is no excuse not to have a decent bag of tricks.

What do you guys do to keep your strength? Loss of overall muscle strength is killing my riding the last 12 months.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Vision,
That's a good question.
It's a never ending struggle to stay in shape for me. I think the key, at least for me is, just don't sit around. Every chance you get, get up and do something. I know lots of dudes and kids for that matter that sit around all day playing video games or watching TV all day/night, big no no, I think.
I use a Total Gym and I have free weights and a weight bench. I put the Total Gym in front of the TV so I just don't veg on the couch. I hit the Total Gym off and on as I watch the Tube during the week and on weekends when I can't ride.
I try to work out a little bit every day, usually in the evening and sometimes twice a day unless the body says no. I use to run alot but that was causing knee problems so had to shut that down. To compensate for not being able to run I got an uphill climber treadmill to keep my heart rate up to burn some calories and this has been working well. For me being in the military all those years, working out became a habit and I just do it. Can't imagine how hard it would be to do much riding without being in at least average physical condition, but it does get a little harder as the years go by.

Diet is another whole story.
I pretty much stick to an Atkins/South Beach type routine.

Anybody doing anything special for muscle recovery or an aid in building muscle besides exercise?
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-08-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Dennie :-). I appreciate the support, and it's very inspiring to hear about your wife! I have met very few women who wakeboard (I know they're out there!), and none over 50 so far! Hey, if u guys do all meet up someplace to ride, I hope I'm invited!
Hey Paul!! What up with u?? Still riding every chance u get I hope! Sorry I missed riding with u at Don Pedro :-(. Been broke so not able to ride much this yr, sadly. Hope to ride with u soon!
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Thanks Dennie. I saw an add for the Total Gym and it sounds like you have enjoyed it. I may need to pick one up.

I have looked at the P90X/Cross fit type work out regimen and I like them, but my joints have an issue with many of their protocols. Like you indicated, lower impact is better. I probably should start swimming in the lake while I can not ride.

I keep telling our local Wake Competition organizers to have a parents division. We are the main financial support, at least indirectly, for the majority of wake competitions and product sales. They might as well allow us to take a few runs.

I would enjoy having teams comprised of riders from all the divisions at our local comps. It would add another level of excitement as the better riders helped the less developed riders throw down their best runs for the team.
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-08-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
Paul- u are the first person I thought of when I saw this thread - u are awesome!!!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-08-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
Canyon Lake, California has a Super Vets Division for 50+... we can take that division to Nationals if at least 6 of us let the WWA know we are going to go next year... lets do it boys! Let me know, I can make the calls.... Aloha Joe Pearson
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-09-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
53 and i do what i can considering i have a fragged knee. Wife just turned 50 and she goes at it like she's 20, she just started two years ago.
Old     (ftd)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-09-2009, 6:53 AM Reply   
Joe,

Do you know where the Nationals and Worlds are in 2010??

Frank
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-09-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Dennie, you're quite the poet.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Great poem Dennie!

Now go into a SkeezerFrontside 900,FlipMobius Whirlybird X-Mobe Hoochy Glide-to-Fakie Slurpy with an S bend Smoochy

That's what my wife calls em.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-09-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
52 and ride at least 3 times a week no skills but I have a blast. I've actually rode 4 out of the last 6 days. My girlfriend is 56 and she is wakeboarding also.Upload
Upload
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-09-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Didn't think there were that many of us. Good to see I'm not the only one that refuses to roll over and get old. Way to represent, older peeps.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-09-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
Thanks Jules,
Miss Brenda will be glad to here that. I am proud of her for not giving up, that is so easy to do. My oldest daughter also rides with us, what's kinda cool is that of all the drivers in our Posse, the Women are the VERY VERY BEST! I always thought that at least half the ride was the driver and if these two gals aint wore out from riding I always prefer to ride when they have the Con. If you ever get down around the Mid-West, Bull Shoals, Norfork, Clearwater or Wapapello Lake in particular we generally ride Sat, Sun and what we call "Wakeboard Wednesdays", you can ride with us anytime you want if you take a notion.
Take Care,
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-09-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
Yo Randy,
Thanks, I guess it's what you do when you are an old retired sailor with way too much time on his hands, you sit around waiting for your crew to get off work so you can go to the lake and until then you sit around and tell sea stories to yourself. (if I just had a RoboBoat). :P

The poem is actually a song I wrote along with a couple of other wakeboard tunes. Not sure if anyone would want to hear em or not.
I thought this particular one might fit into our 50-ish thread.
I didn't realize that their were so many dudes and dudets our age out rollin, kinda cool to find out we ain't freaks of nature, we just don't see many folks if any our age out riding here in the Midwest. I catch alot of static from some of the kinfolks who say "What the H*ll are you doing Dennie at your age! Your gonna get hurt!" I say SCREW that, besides at our age if you have lived life much at all, you're already banged up a touch! I have had so many close calls at sea in places like the North Atlantic that this is cake in comparison, besides a man can get hurt driven to town etc, we only go around once, if it aint hurtn anybody, illegal or immoral and you enjoy it, let er rip!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-09-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
All Hail and Greetings to you!
Old Wise Great Grey Bearded Wonder, John Anderson!

You are the Man John, glad you liked it.
I was thinking of you when I posted it.
I smile every time I see the pic you posted.
Tells me I need to get busy workin it out!
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-09-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Here's a couple of shots from last week of this 47 year old. My photographer (son) never quite times the pictures right with the delay on a digital camera. (I do see I am looking down, which I will need to correct.)

Upload
Upload

Vision: I HIGHLY recommend P90X. On my second round of it. I used to drive my family nuts because I wanted to ride all the time thinking I was running out of time, but I think I can keep hucking it for years with the X. It's demanding but they also have stretching and yoga that keeps you feeling good. The Plyometrics (jump training) is perfect for wakeboard conditioning - half the moves you are practicing your 180's. Nothing helps the joints better than having strong muscles around them. By the way, at our age, you won't get the results in terms of muscle definition the kids get but you will get in the best shape of your life.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-09-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Wow Fred!
Can't wait to show my wife her pic, she will dig that riding, that girl is styln!
I'm gonna hide your pic from her tho, having a hard enough time hangin on to this ole girl.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
LOL, thanks Dennie I see we share the same affinity for beards.

The only thing that keeps me in shape is strapping the board on. I hate any other kind of exercise. It's all work. I may as well be climbing a ladder and painting the house. Which I still need to do.

Oh and Tony... thanks!!!
Old     (bogiedog1)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-09-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
+1 for P90X. I just finished my second round, I have dropped 25lbs. Has helped with balance and my stamina behind the boat has improved a lot too.