Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (matt_beck)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-08-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have an 07' Supreme V220 which I got last year. I have hard tanks and don't have a guage to show how much is in them. I've done a search and couldn't find an answer or install on this. Also, should I tint the shield?

Upload
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-09-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
Im not exactly sure what you are asking but, most boats come with somewhere between 900#-1200# now of hard tank ballast. It's odd that there are no fill gauges though. Call the manufacturer.

In terms of tint....yes, tint it up!
Old     (matt_beck)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-09-2009, 6:34 AM Reply   
Jason,
No guages in this boat which sucks because they empty under the platform and I don't know when they are fully emptied. Guess I'll just have to live with it. The boats been begging for tint so who am I to disagree with her? Just glad I got another opinion. Thanks
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-09-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
That boat has water puppy reversable pumps in it and you can clearly hear when they are empty (the pitch of the pump really changes - very noticeable). They did away with the gauges in 06' because ballast gauges are never very accurate. Oh yeah and tint that bad boy -
Old     (matt_beck)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-09-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Did you ever have problems with the ballasts emptying? I do hear the difference in pitch but the boat still seems to lean a bit? I'm just wondering if one of the impellers went?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-09-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
I never had any problems with my pumps in 250 + hours. The way to be certain is to fill the tanks pull the boat out and then empty them to make sure they are emptying at approximately the same speed. Now with that being said those water puppy pumps draw a lot of amperage when they turn on (because you are flipping the impeller fingers in the other direction) and I always filled and emptied with the engine running = faster fill/empty time.