Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
I don't really know the names of my handle pass inverts to well I know what the different names are but the flip and spin the name goes with...

in my head:
Pete Rose: Toeside Frontroll w/ Frontside 3
KGB: Toeside Frontrolll w/ Backside 3
Blind Pete: Toside Backroll w/ Backside 3
Moby Dick: Heelside Tantrum w/ Backside 3
Crow Mobe: Heelside Frontroll w/ Frontside 3
Slim Chance: ?
Fat Chance: ?
Elephant: Heelside Scarecrow w/ Rewind F/S 180
Whirlybird: Heelside Tantrum w/ Ole' Backside 3
Front Mobe: Heelside Prog. Backroll w/ frontside 3
Back Mobe: Heelside Prog. Backroll w/ Backside 3

Heres My Question: Has Anyone Ever Done an Elephant [assuming it means a Heelside Scarecrow w/ Rewind F/S 180] w/ a Rewind F/S 3?
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-15-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
I swear, wakeboarding has the most complex names and I'm with you, hardly know any of them.
Old    K.B.C.            04-15-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Fat and slim chance are both heel front flips with a front 3. Fat is switch, slim is regular.

The elephant thing gets kind of dicy.It's one of my pet peeves. Not sure if anyone has done what you asked. Lots of people including some on this site think a front roll with a slight opening of the hips is an Elephant, it's not. For a real ele see old school Necrasson.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Pete toeside backroll with frontside 3
KGB heelside backroll back side 3
Blind pete toeside back roll back side 3
moby dick is right
crow mobe toeside front roll frontside 3
slim chance heelside front filp frontside 3
Fat chance switch heelside front filp frontside 3
epephant toeside scarecrow rewind
whirly u got right
Front mobe is same a slim chance
Back mobe or heel mobe is a heelside back with a front side 3.

That should be it
Old    K.B.C.            04-15-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
oh, and the back mobe you described is actually a KGB. hs back roll with bs 3. the KGB you have is wrong
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-15-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
good knowledge scott
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-15-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
flavor flip- toeside frontflip with bs 3
OLD SCHOOL
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
but the spin part of an elephant, is a frontside 180, then back to normal right? Flavor flips are pretty cool, I still dont have normal inverts yet, but I tried one wrapped and almost landed!
Old     (nocoast)      Join Date: May 2005       04-16-2008, 3:06 AM Reply   
an elephant is a scarecrow, pulled back to a front roll before landing, yes.

god wakeboarding has some gay names...

nonetheless, we're missing a couple:

dum dum: ts frontroll bs 3

heel frontflip bs 3 --don't remember what that was named though...

(not mobes, but handle pass inverts)
The Hasselhoff: switch hs front flip bs 180 --invented by thomas horrell.

toe frontflip bs 180's were invented by mike weddington and called the fruit loop. he followed that up with the flavor flip.

if all else fails, just call it by it's base name type of spin. that way we can get past some of this ridiculousness...
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
I thought ts front w/ bs 3 was a flavor flip?

I like the name KGB though..

Adam good point "if all else fails, just call it by it's base name type of spin. that way we can get past some of this ridiculousness..."

alrite two things then

1. What should we name this thing to avoid the rediculousness

2. Whose gonna be the first to land it. I know I will be trying it every set but I still havent landed a plain invert.

edit: What's A Roll-A-Phant?

(Message edited by hawk7 on April 16, 2008)
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-16-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
I know that they talk about the elephant and show it, on THE BOOK DVD, I believe its the invert disc.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-16-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Does the slurpee count?

I can't recall seeing anyone but Zane Schwenk do it. You come into the wake on your toeside riding in the handcuff position and then do an off axis backside three?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
John not for what I'm talking about. I'm saying S/W Toeside [I neglected stance earlier sorry] front with a frontside 180 to rewind frontside 3.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-17-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Trevor, I found a few errors is your descriptions. I'm not sure if anyone already pointed them out, I didn't read all the postings so sorry if I'm repeating someone's posting, but here you go:
You said...

Pete Rose: Toeside Frontroll w/ Frontside 3 (its actually a TS backroll w/ a FS 1 even though it feels like a blind 1, and it must be grabbed to be a true Pete Rose)
KGB: Toeside Frontrolll w/ Backside 3 (its actually a HS backroll with a BS 3)
Crow Mobe: Heelside Frontroll w/ Frontside 3 (its a scarecrow w/ FS 1)
Elephant: Heelside Scarecrow w/ Rewind F/S 180 (no such thing as a HS scarecrow. Elephant is a scarecrow then you throw it back to a TS landing before you land)

(Message edited by norcalbordr on April 17, 2008)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Jason, yea there are previous posts that say the same thing, except, a Pete rose is a mobe and so is a crow mobe, it must be a F/S 3
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Attempts:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Is there a name for a HS half-cab front flip?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
Not that I know of, most just call it a cab front. It's mostly Randall and Lyman doin that, and when people see it they either say that was cool or if youre kyle (lfxstar) you say HOLY CAB FRONT, BATMAN!!

Would this trick of mine be considered a mobe though? this discussion http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/569043.html?1208482301 says it's just a B/S 180

(Message edited by hawk7 on April 17, 2008)
Old    K.B.C.            04-17-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Trevor, just one man's opinion so take it for what it's worth, but you shouldn't waste your time trying mobes if you can't land any basic inverts...progression tree...one step at a time
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Wait what? Who did I insult scott?????

Going Crazy on your board is always fun though, that's my idea of fun, even with the the terrible falls about to take place. but Yea I get it, I was just wondering if it had been done before.

(Message edited by hawk7 on April 17, 2008)
Old     (nickwakeninja)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-17-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
just noticed, original poster at top said elephant, heelside scarecrow. but i don't think anyone noticed that. a scarecrow isn't heelside, its toeside. its a frontroll to revert. the elephant is just the rewind back to regular(frontroll), so you do most the scarecrow but then pull back down to frontroll, in regular landing
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-18-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
I mentioned that in my first posting above.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-18-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Tootsie Roll is missing from the list: TS front roll backside 180.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-18-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Tootsie Roll = the trick he just showed on the trampoline.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
wait thats a tootsie roll? I tried my best to exaggerate [sp?] it. S/w T/s frontroll w/ frontside 180, then back to regular then to blind.