Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-19-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
after years of PC went to a Mac... for the most part, I love it, except for a few things i will have to learn or get used to...

I was so stoked to get iMovie. i have used older versions before and loved the ease of use. for what i do, iMovie is more than enough...

HOWEVER. iMovie 08 is a big let down. anyone else with this program?

No slow mo/fast mo/ rewind... not allowing chapters when making a DVD... and a few other things that were on older versions....

will there be updates to fix this, or do i have to accept version 07 that apple is offering to us?

thanks
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-19-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Call Apple and demand your money back!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-19-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
IMO iMovie 6 (HD) is a far better program, especially if you're doing any Wakeboarding video and want to show slow motion. Apple needs to realize that this is a big disappointment and hopefully an update in the near future will add more functionality to iMovie 8.

(Message edited by deltawake on March 19, 2008)
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
also... my import from my pani agdv30 looks like crap.. on imovie and on idvd. i am reading online people having similar problems in imovie 06 and 08... their "solutions" are not working for me.

I am getting frustrated with my new purchase...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
got iMovie 06 HD for free and imported some video from my pani and the quality was a little better. I am currently burning a short video on iDVD to test the quality when played on my TV...
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-01-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
I would say Final Cut Express, i'm sure there wont be a let down there. I never have used it but i use FCP daily and its great.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-08-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Get FC Express... find a student ID and get the student price online .... I think it's $150... I teach at a high school with it and it's great. Far more control and options fo