Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-10-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Does anybody have real crappy days when they ride I mean so bad when they cant even jump wake to wake or hold on to the handle. What did u do were you able to fix those simple mistakes riding longer I just seem I wasen't able to get any where today. But I did take a week off but I dont think that would cause a problem when I've been riding for long time I mean I can do 180's 360's all that stuff but I wasen't able to do nothin today, So what do you do on your off days how do you fix your problem out on the water so you dont leave empty handed
Old    K.B.C.            11-10-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
everyone has bad days. don't worry about it, have fun and just keep riding.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-10-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
go golfing one day. that will be enough to make you want to get back out there and rip it. LOL
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-10-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
its called "nutting up". TRY it sometime!!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-11-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
Dork out dude! lol everybody has bad day. I had a day this year where my first warm up jump i nosed over crashed....crashed on this...crashed on that...beefed a backroll.... all that stuff. Just said heck with it, started cranking the slayshes as big as i could, worked on cranking wake jumps into the flats, doing manuals, buterslides, laybacks, just have a good time. Dont gotta go 100% all the time. Do whats fun! My 2 Cents.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-11-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Some days Im like that. I just dont have the energy rush. I like to have some pop or something before so I get a sugar rush then Im stoked to go out there. If Im not 100% in the mood to ride and just go because its calm out I usually dont have the best time and it shows.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-11-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
I know Jon isn't telling anyone to nut up!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-11-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
those are the days you get the kneeboard out... I got amazing at kneeboarding riding only on the days that wakeboarding was pissin me off... it sounds gay, but it's so fun
Old    K.B.C.            11-11-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Nick, that doesn't just sound gay, it is gay
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-11-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
yea everyone has super days, i have even had bad weeks, its the fact of one day hitting all your tricks and the next day not being able to hit one of them for while.. i have just came to the conclusion that if i just stop thinking about my riding i do alot better, just go out and basically be careless.lol
Old     (ryanjones)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-11-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Paulie, when I have off days on the wake. I hit sliders... When I have an off day on sliders, (which is most days) I hit the wake.. Hang in there buddy. If we didn't have bad days on the water, the awesome days wouldn't feel so awesome...
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-11-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
thats why riding flex boards is so great. ride a roam. if your ridin like crap you can go out and not even jump. just carve and do butters and its just as much fun
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-12-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
The longer you ride the better your "bad" days get. I remember those days when I couldn't jump the wake, but it gets better with time. Now when I have a bad day it means landing most of my tricks, but maybe taking a few attempts.

Just keep riding, don't let it get in your head. Have fun. That's what it's about, after all.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       11-12-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Well, last year I had a day like that! I fell on a tail grab 180, than a tail grab, a R2R, and nose grab 180. There was girls in the boat so I did a raley. Got it down but I almost got hung up. After that I droped that rope, and told myself never again!!! I will never ride after drinking again!haha Friends don't let friends drink and ride!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
everyone has days like that. i usually just crawl back into the boat and drink a beer, watch, relax, then maybe after everyone else has taken the sets they want i'll get back out and just play around cuz by that time i've drank a few too many beers (unless i'm driving of course)anyways.

wtf you talkin bout bg you ride after drinking damn near everytime you ride
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       11-12-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
No way, Maybe a beer but not after DRINKING. haha Ask Joel n Ry, Its bad news. I may drink after I ride but never the other way around. hahah
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
you mean immediately after drinking...now i get it...hahahah