Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-10-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
so ive heard great things about moomba and want to check them out but just had a couple questions for you moomba guys or people who know about them..
im stuck on the lsv or xlv or xlv.gg which one is better suited for wakeboarding?throws a bigger factory wake?..and all that good stuff..

i understand that supra makes these boats,,which models compare to which (tahoe.escalade) you know what i mean??and at what point are they different?
thanks,
DRew
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
i have a mobius XLV, it's an amazing boat, for the price you can't beat it! i wanted a bigger boat so i went with the XLV, my no choice was the LSV, the new LSV is really nice but i liked the size of the xlv and the playpen seating a lot. The xlv throws a mean wakeboard wake and an even meaner surf wake. the nice thing about the xlv is that it was designed to be a wakeboard boat not a ski boat. the boats are made by skiers choice who makes supra as well. a supra is just an upscale moomba. the main difference with the supra is the nicer creature comforts like stainless steel cupholders, billets accessories, stuff like that. if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

here is the surf wake behind my XLV :-)

Upload
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-10-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
thank man..,thats an awsome surf wake for sure,,,
do you know what models compare to which.,.,and is the gravity games edition available in only one color?

Old     (rhall)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
I have an 06' LSV...couldnt be happier. We looked at the XLV, but just didnt want something that big for where we ride. The new LSV is an awesome boat and has a very nice wake with the three bag system. We bought ours in February and have around 150 hrs. with no problems or issues to date.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
there really arent many comparable models, i mean the LSV is similar to a 21V and the XLV is similar to the 24SSV

and yes the gravity games edition is only in one color. my XLV is basically a gravity games edition
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-10-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
thanks for all the info...has anyone ridden both wakes if so ..whcih wake has a bigger factory wake behnd it?...and how do most of you weigh these boats? DRew
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
ive ridden behind a gg supra 24ssv and i would say it's comparable to my xlv, i've also ridden behing a new lsv and it was very nice as well, but not as big as the xlv

honestly you can't go wrong with a moomba, it's a great boat for thousands less than many others, if you want more bling then look into a supra
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-10-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
Hey, entrust. I have been looking at Moombas as well. Love what I hear about them. What would be a good price range for a loaded xlv or even lsv.
Old     (elcarteros)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-10-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
I too will have to say, The new Supra 21V is a very nice boat the 24SSV is huge, both with enormous wakes loaded. For the $$$ Moomba and Supra is a bangin boat.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
DC, for a nicely loaded LSV you are looking at paying the low $40Ks and for and loaded XLV you are looking at upper $40Ks
Old    ausbill32            05-10-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
A pretty loaded 21v Supra is around $45ish - out the door price is around $49 after tax/tags/and additional warranty. Give or take a 1k or 2k depending on add ons.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-10-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
EntrustClothing - Another great pic!
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-10-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
thanks for the info everyone,..
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
here is a link to the Moomba forums.

C'mon over and join us. Bring your questions and comments.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/index.php

We just had the 2nd Supra/Moomba Jamboree in Florida. Pictures of all kinds of Moomba's and Supra's available.

Moomba is a great way of life!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-11-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
There are 2005 leftover XLV's out there in the low 40's. You can probably get a 2006 in the low 40's also if you take it easy on the options and engine upgrades, although Cali might be a little tougher than here in PA.