Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-24-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
Ok, so its not the real 'pro' set of the week, but still check out the footage I put together of my buddy Alex from this past weekend. The film doesn't do the tanny off the double up justice - it was huge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3LLyVv3bXQ
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-24-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Looks like two sets to me.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
set of the week rider Alex looks pretty stoked about landing that tantrum...i think Dean Smiths last week was more easily justified as a Set of the Week....we should all put some freeride sets up on here and have a "fan favorite", maybe David Williams could provide a sweet prize...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-24-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
eh, i think a contest like that could bring a kid down who's stoked on his riding.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
What umali said
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
That tanny was HUGE. All his 180's looked good and lofty tho. I like the PP flava too!
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
REALLY? i thought it would be kind of like a photo contest, where we (the posters/peers) picked our favorite video, taking into consideration the overall vibe, the riders stoke, maybe the editing, location, etc.. and not so much what tricks were being done... imho it could make acouple kids feel pretty good about what they do on the weekends...meh, so much for optimism.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-25-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
thanks guys,
im gonna have to agree with joe, i was super stoked with those sets
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Alex, wouldn't it be cool if we saw a dozen or so vids every week of ppl. like you and me who are are stoked on our riding/location/scenario/friends/etc...?? ya know, to keep the big picture (havin fun, family, friends, progression) a primary focus vs. "look what i can do" videos?? keep em coming!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Derek may be on to something. What if you had INT like divisions- Novice, Intermed., Advance, etc. You enter a division of your choice and send in a vid of 1 pass uninterupted. End of the week people could vote. It's a comp only on line. No entry fees and no being bummed you blew your one ride cause you have as many shots at it as you want and send in the best pass.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
ya, or just screw the comp style pass and send in a vid of your and your homies havin fun, olling over stupid sh*t, teachin each other new tricks, ridin doubles, finally not dropping the handle, even just linking a few tricks together..whatever it may be. and whoever looks like they are feelin the stoke the most wins. well, thats how i see it anyways
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Just realized that on youtube theres now a 'view in high quality' option on the bottom right of some videos. Just throwing it out there; pretty cool to not have to look at crappy res videos all the time on youtube.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-26-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Ya, I don't really like how everything is turned into a competition.... Me and roddy were just stoked on that footage so he posted it. But I think it would be cool if there was a section of the site where everyone could post up there footage.