Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-28-2013, 5:21 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of a recent shower and heater install I did on a V 205. Some the the things I i did and used are off the norm from what I have seen and so I offer these pics. Interest or ? just ask.
Attached Images

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-28-2013, 5:25 PM Reply   
More:
Attached Images

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-28-2013, 5:29 PM Reply   
I like the shower head that u used. What do you use to control the temp of the shower? Also I'm wondering if factory showers have some sort of cold water supply tank?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-28-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
more:
Attached Images

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-29-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
those pics are all so close up, i can't make sense of any of it. the shower looks neat though.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-29-2013, 3:47 PM Reply   
The Whale twist shower is unique in that the hose is actually TWO hoses in one and the mixing valve is in the faucet handle (head) itself. Because I needed two pumps, one cold and one hot, I found the Mini Jabsco units that add up to more GPM and less $ than a single big Jabsco demand pump. It works very very well.
I now wish I had moved the pumps elsewhere to allow more room behind the panel for the hose to drop in.

I did some interesting things on the heater as well. The return hose from the core to the engine goes into a Y connection on the suck side of the S/w pump. The heater Co wants like 45$ for their fitting. Mercruiser has it for for 3.87$ I have the part number if needed.
The whole idea of this mod was to add a heater and hot / cold shower and not loose any significant storage. Not easy but done.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-29-2013, 5:39 PM Reply   
Nice job! I like it! I might look into adding that head unit and a second pump because my cold supply can't match my hot. For my heater was looking into that y fitting also but think I'm going to add a pump which will make for hot water even while idling an for a bit even when motor is off.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-29-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
alright so what is the purpose of a boat shower... i've always wondered this.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2013, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
alright so what is the purpose of a boat shower... i've always wondered this.
Warmth inside the wetsuit on cold mornings...it's awesome!
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
And great job baitkiller
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-29-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by priszkid View Post
Warmth inside the wetsuit on cold mornings...it's awesome!
Works for that too but in WI it comes in real real handy for warming your hands up before during and after your set on those 43 air and water temp days!!!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-30-2013, 3:20 AM Reply   
Mercruiser Y fitting: 1.25X 1.25 X .75
Part number: 22-862993