Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Besides moving from the Skurfer to the flight 69, this one made the biggest difference in my riding. It was the first wide template board I rode. I learned several tricks on this board.
Upload
I've enjoyed the advancement of board technology since then, but no other board has impressed me as much as that one at the time.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
i saw this thread and before even opening it that board was the first thing i thought of. talk about an incredible change of design that deffinately still has be stoked to this day. i could not believe the improvement of the way a board rides and still to this day i have not experienced that much stoke in a new board as i did the first time i stepped on that board
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Are you serious? Man when I switched over and started riding CWB's I was a minority! It seemed like no one rode them down here. Glad to hear I'm not alone!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Also, I enjoy the benefits of the newer shapes but I still think I could strap boots on that board today and land all my tricks.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
when that board came out i was riding an area 51. it was probably about 1 and a half years from when i switched to c-w that that board came out. then the prodigy came and rode that until i left cwb when they were doing the anti rail stuff. i got black balled cuz i was a west coaster and hit rails so that was it.

but yea i still feel the same about that board. it was cool cuz there were no channels on it and it was so smooth. i was riding ricky g fins on it that were like 1.3s and it felt awsome.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-23-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
For me it was the O'brien player. the first year I got on it coming from an early 2000s Byerly it really cleaned up my riding.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-23-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Jason, what anti rail stuff?

The 2007 Sattelyte Success 40" made the biggest difference for me. It was my first wood concave. I felt like it really helped with my pop. Also the width of that board made it easier to learn tricks and it was the first board that i rode that was the right length for me. I really progressed on it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-23-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
Absolute 141 helped me the most. Not that I am very good still
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
When I switched from the directional Shapiro to the 97 Lavelle Honeycomb. That board was sweet.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
I went from a CWB Blade to a Hyperlite Universal and it was night and day lol...obviously!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-23-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
The TFD starting changing my riding. I loved my Byerly before that, but the continuos rocker fits my style much better.

But then my NBN made the biggest difference as it's what got me started wakebording
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
LF Substance
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
The main jumps that I can think of are:

Twin Tips
Honeycomb cores/any company's "special core"
Multi-Fins
Flex
the old hyperlite project shape... broke the ice for new fancy shapes
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
Nick T.

don't forget to mention FAT boards ;)

Me personally, the "can opener" byerly and then/ now slingshot recoil
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
i had the cwb stump which came out before the area 51, but the board that made a huge difference for me was the bad ass motorhead 135.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-23-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
i went from 02 or 03 premier to 07 shane and feel like i am heaps smoother and going bigger.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2008, 4:37 AM Reply   
From Hyperlite Heer 147 to Liquid Force Rhythm(Huckster) 147. Tip and tail made a huge difference.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-24-2008, 5:25 AM Reply   
Going from an ancient O'Brien Banshee to a CWB Ecstacy was the biggest improvement I ever saw. The Banshee would always slide out from underneath me when edging. The Ecstacy would lock in so easily that I could concentrate on other things like balance and footwork when edging. That made a huge difference in my riding. I still can't do much trick-wise but I have proper form now for the most part. If I hadn't destroyed the binding inserts over the past few years, I would probably still at least bring it along as a community board.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-24-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
I loved my blue and white Lavelle board, and would never ride anything else. I was charging hard on it, but wasnt really progressing past grabs and 180's. I kept after it anyway. I broke that board, and while I was waiting for the replacement, I reluctantly took a set on my lil brothers baby blue Waketech Byerly pro. It was like a lightswitch. i was instantly going noticable bigger with tons more stability in the air. I was so stoked I gathered everyone up again the very next day after work to go ride, just so I could ride that board again. Stuck first invert on that outing and more followed that week.