Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old    thebiggmann            04-20-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Hey I'm 6'2" 220 and I need a pair of bindings. Something from last year preferably around $200, maybe a LITTLE over. Open toe, good ankle support, high quality. Need to fit a Hyperlite Board. Don't really have a riding style, so just go with the best bindings you guys got for that somewhat meager i know, price range. Thanks!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-20-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
CWB faction fits all your wants.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-20-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
keep an eye out on boarders best buy. You could have had your choice as they had a few pairs of bindings on this week.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-20-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Check out boardersmall.net Great deals on 07 gear.

(Message edited by 02ssv on April 20, 2008)
Old    thebiggmann            04-20-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have been watching boardersbestbuy and I didn't see any bindings this week. They had some CWB Zeus last week and then a life vest, wakeskate, wakesurf, handle, and ummm one other thing that escapes me at the moment. But I'm definitely gonna keep watching them.
Old    thebiggmann            04-20-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Whats the dif in the faction and faction ltd? I'd prefer the ltd cuz the white would go better with my board I think but I won't sacrifice performance for looks if the straight up factions are better. Also, what are your thoughts on the Zeus?

(Message edited by thebiggmann on April 20, 2008)

(Message edited by thebiggmann on April 20, 2008)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-20-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
The regular faction vs. the limited faction will be exactly the same besides color.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-20-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
The Zeus are a stiffer binding with more akle support. Both are great, just depends on your preference.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-20-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
I would throw the LF Transit in there too, but you can't go wrong with either the Faction of the Zeus.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
id recommend trying on a number of boots and see what fits your foot best. For me this season i tried on a number of LF, HL, ronix and cwb bindings and the zeus's fit me best. Its all preference depending on what fits you best.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-20-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
i wanted hinge tech so i tried the zues and faction the faction fit me better and were cheaper. i ride with a bunch of newbs as i am a newb myself and i let alot of them use my board they all tend to love the faction.
Old    thebiggmann            04-20-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Yeah I wish I could try some on, but unfortunately I live in northern wisconsin so shops with a nice selection of bindings are kinda few and far between. Theres a local liquidforce dealer that might have some that I could try but other than that I don't have many options for places to try gear. What about the '07 Shanes as well, those look pretty slick. Have you had any problems with the hinge tech at all? I've read some stuff about it coming undone mid run or the recoil being kinda a pain. What does having a stiffer binding do to limit you?
Old    thebiggmann            04-20-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
^^^^^
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-20-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
i have not had any problems with the hinge. no problems with them coming undone either. the early zeus had problems with the recoil that they have a fix for and i think the newer ones are good to go. CWB really stands behind there stuff so if you do have a problem you can count on them.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
The very first release of the faction bindings did have a problem coming undone but heel stiffners were sent out soon afterwards to correct the problem. It's nearly impossible for the new reverse hinge to come undone.
Old    thebiggmann            04-20-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
Dangit... Shoulda acted sooner on the Faction LTDs. I'm a size 13-14 in a shoe and the XXL were there earlier today but apparently they are now sold out. They have an XL left and that's 12-13 but I don't know if it'll fit me. Do they run pretty true or could I get away with it comfortably?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-20-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
I wear a 10.5 and the larges fit me really well. Take from that what you will, I'm not sure if the next size up would cover up to size 14 though. Boardersmall does have the ltd Zeus's in xxl so if you want to go all black instead of all white that's an option. The Zeus's and Factions really aren't all that different. I've got both and since you mentioned ankle support in your original criteria I would probably recommend the Zeus over the Faction. This is just because the Zeus's have a rubber strap-type thing that really keeps your heel/ankle in place. Both are sick boots though, you'll be happy either way... as far as sizing goes though definitely wait until someone can confirm that the xl's will fit you before you buy them, because I'm not sure that they will.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-21-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
Tyler, I've been told by many that the Factions run small. I have a size 12 shoe and got the XL's (12-13) They seem to fit very well. I think it'll depend on how wide your foot is too. I've only had them on in my house as riding season hasn't quite started here for me yet in Wisco. Also, if you end up with an 07 Zeus, ask for the wrap that replaces the recoil system directly from CWB. I guess the recoil system isn't reliable. I also heard on this site that you can send your bindings in to CWB and they'll do the change for you, or you can do it yourself.
Old    thebiggmann            04-21-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Sweet. Thanks for the info Bob. Once I get them just send them into CWB and they'll take care of it then? I'm probly gonna go with the zeus cuz you guys make it sound like theyre both great bindings and I think the color scheme will look better on a 142 '07 Murray. If it were a steep performance drop off I wouldn't care but it doesn't sound like it is. Tell me about wake season not starting in wisconsin... The ice isn't even showing signs of relief yet up north (Rhi-town). Where you at?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-21-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Yup, just send them to CWB and they will replace the wrap on the 07 Zeus, to the one with no recoil lace system.
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-21-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
any year watsons closed or open toed
Old    thebiggmann            04-22-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
So i tried on a pair of Hyperlite Remix bindings today, one of the few bindings I can go try on within a 50 mile radius. They were comfortable, and seemed to have decent support, but not a ton. How do you guys think they stand up? they're $229 so I think I'm still better off getting the zeus or shanes cuz I'm getting what is probably a better boot. Just curious to what you guys think of them. And outta of curiosity, cuz like I've said I'll take performance over style any day, but those of you who have maybe seen them in person cuz I imagine web pics look different, are the green accents on the shane pretty close to the green on the 07 Murray? as gay as that sounds...

(Message edited by thebiggmann on April 22, 2008)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-23-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
You cant really compare the Zeus and Shane to the Remix.
The Remix is a good binding, but the Zeus and Shanes are mucho better IMO.