Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
I have been looking for an older DD boat and these are my current options.

1. 98 moomba outback w/ 470 hours. Has a tower and that is about it.

2. 96 Mastercraft prostar 190 w/ 500 hours no tower, wakeboard pylon, 1500lb fat couch and extra ballast.

What do you think would be a better boat in the long run. The plus of the outback is it has a tower and it has an open bow. The 190 has ballast but I would put on a tower. I dont know which would be the better boat. Both are priced around the same.

Thanks
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-05-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Whats your price range? Theres got to be more options than just those two.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-05-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Well...being the resident so called "MC Lover" here on the site "THINK MC". Do your research on the MC and see how much less it has depreciated in the last few years vs. the Moomba. Each boat has its place. The 96 that you speak of has been around for a while. That hull first came out in 1995 and the current X-1, even though it is longer has its primary roots are in that hull...a proven hull even today. That hull also was the X-5, the Sportstar and the 195 OPEN bow. The boat should cost between 15-17K A tower should be between 1500-2000 (Look at Barefoot International towers). I cannot speak much for the Moomba except resale. It is not built to the more rigid standards that MC is.
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
my price range is around 14k and I found the MC for 13.5. Which makes me a little concerned. Eahter the guy needs to sell, dosn't know what he has or the engine is trashed. O and those are the only 2 I have really found around that price range that are not really far away.

(Message edited by crghou on May 05, 2006)
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-06-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Well between the 2 boats which would have a better wakeboarding hull? The prostar has the old x1 hull and I dont know much about the outback hull. Any input?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-06-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
The Outback hulls before 2001 are very rough riding, small wake hulls. Good ski wake.