Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-21-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
I posted about this trick a while back and got some good advice on how to do it. I landed it once but I think that was a fluke because many tries since then I have not got it back. In fact I think I pulled my abs on one of the tries. Anyhow I feel better now and am going back out to try again. My problem is this... when I come down to land I am either leaning too far back so that I just fall on my butt or I am landing so back foot heavy that my board slips out. Any ideas how I can make this better?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
for me getting this trick on lock down was just a matter of doing it over and over until I figured out little things to make it easy.

One thing that really really helps it to use two hand the whole time.... other than that it was just doing it a lot until it felt like second nature
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-21-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I like to spot my landings. When I do that I can put the board down at the right time so I don't land tail heavy.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-22-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Jeff which direction do you look to spot the landing?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-22-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Kinda up and over your rear shoulder.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-22-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Eubanks is right. My initial reaction was to say down though.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-22-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Luke it sounds like you are really thowing it to hard or your not taking your head out of the rotation and stopping it. I would say that it is for sure one of those. For me, doing TS Back Rolls or TS r2rs I think about not hucking the rotation, but riding up the wake and pushing my board up and over my head. A lot of people just try and rage it like a HS Backroll, that will make you skip out or land on your butt. Try and take the trick high and slow. This will get over the second wake so you dont case and allow the trick to stay incontrol.

Hope some of that helps, but Like Nick said, really this is one your going to want to do, over and over and over again. I would also suggest trying to grab while learning to trick. This will help you avoid the dreaded straight leg backroll that so many people do, that leads to bad habits that make it crazy hard to grab.