Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ok heres the deal. I came across a Wego Kite Tube still in the packaging and I really have nothing to do with it. Sportsstuff.com issued a recall and a $650 dollar refund of credit to their site. I would be happy to let go of this tube for $320 plus shipping. Whoever buys it could either warranty for $650 site credit or do whatever theyd like with it. PM me if your interested. Thanks
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
I would like to offer the same deal after you get yours taken care of. I was thinking of using it a couple more times before sending it back. I don't need anymore toys, so the credit really doesn't do me much good.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
I'll pay $100 plus shipping right now for a Kite Tube if anyone is interested in selling for that
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-18-2007, 4:30 AM Reply   
Pete,

I will offer $125 for it and pay shipping. If I win, you will need to come down to the LKA and let me pull you on it :-)

I think I am giving on on the wakeboarding, as I still can't do a W2W. Heck I might just stick with wakesurfing.
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
The tube i have is out of the box but still in the plastic and never ridden. i can go lower on the price for sure... but to let it go for $100 is just losing too much.
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-18-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
I would be a little leary selling something that is known to cause death and has a federal recall on it...i am no legal mind but you could be taken on some unwanted liability...my 2cents...
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-18-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
LKA Supra, come up and ride with us man we'll get you soaring
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
It's not the kite's fault people get killed on this. I have used this many times. I fully blame the injurys and deaths on the boat operator. Remember, boats don't kill people, bad boaters do. It is not banned at every lake, only select pusified lakes with too much big brother. I bought it for $600, so I am giving it away for $320 plus shipping. As far as selling it to someone and getting sued, good luck with that. Buyer beware on all used items. That's the first rule of life, or atleast right up there. When was the last time someone bought a car and got into an accident, then blamed the guy who sold it to him. Never.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-19-2007, 4:47 AM Reply   
when was the last time a guy sold a car with a federal recall...
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-19-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
yeah, you guys are probably right. Like i said i am not a legal mind...Just thought i would throw it as something to ponder...
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-19-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Ok fine $125 plus shipping and I'll sign a liability release
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
It's not a federal recall, it is purely voluntary because the press and sites with people that have never ridden them talked a bunch of garbage without looking into the cases. Every case where someone got hurt with one of these was either drunk or going too fast. They are like anything - sky ski, wakeboard, tubes, driving a car, etc. Someone will find a way to get hurt. I am speaking from experience with my own kite tube. The only reason I am even considering getting rid of it is we don't use it too much and I don't need anymore products as I have way too many as it is.
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-20-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
when I bought my boat last year the guy had a Kite Tube and did not want it so I took it with me, thought it would be cool but then saw the recall.

I went through the process and only had to return a certain portion of the KT, I think the tow connector and a large portion in the back, you have to actually cut out with a knife so the tube is not usable anymore. I threw the rest of the tube in the trash.

with all of that being said if someone only intend to trade for toys, just get the pieces you need off of the tube shipped to you, it will save a bunch of $$$s in weight.

just my worthless thoughts!!!