Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (tim20man)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-14-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
i am curious on how people are mounting there roswell or any brand for that matter of tower speaker harnesses. do you put the wire up through the tower and drill a hole at the top where it comes out ? i am lost.
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-16-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Running them inside of the tower gives the best look. You drill holes in the tower and use either a rubber grommet or silicone to keep the wires from getting cut on the holes edges. (this will happen over time if you don't and when it does it will short the amp and probably fry it).
For cabling tower speakers, I use this:
http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/products/monster/cp14-4.html

I use neutrik speakon connectors for connecting it all together. The NL2FC for the tower wires and the NL2MP mount in the speakers. The NL4FC with the NL4MP for the mount for connecting the wires through the hull.
Here's a link to the NL4FC, the others at the bottom of the page:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=092-050

I mount through the hull in case the tower ever has to come off this is all quick disconnects. You can also drill throught the base or foot of the tower and pass the wiring through the hole that way.
Old     (tim20man)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-16-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
do you run a 8 wire harness up the tower and drill a hole in the center then split up the wires or what do you do for that part? thanks
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-17-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
I use 4 wire cable then split off of that. I run the wiring to the first set of speakers (hole drilled) I splice the wire so it comes out of the holes as a whole piece of sheilded wire. I use rubber grommets or silcone at the hole to seal it and keep the wiring from getting cut at the hole. Wires that rub on sharp metal will eventually short out. The neutrik connector holds the cabling so it won't pull out of the connector and looks great. These quick connectors mate into a mount (also neutrik). I make the splice for the opposite side wiring so it will tuck back into the tower. I solder the wiring and use heat shrink over the wires so there is no shorting. I then fish the wire over to the other hole for the speakers on the other side of the tower. I use two coat hangers that are connected to together to pull the wire through the holes. Using electrical tape to hold the wire to the hangar. You can also use twine/string and suck it through the holes using a vacuum cleaner or shop vac so the wire can be pulled back through. Make sure there is a hollow tube path inside of the tower tubing for the route you chose for the wiring. The first picture shows the neutrik connected to one set of tower speakers. The second picture shows the hull mount and connector. My tower speakers are DIY 8 inch pro audio HLCD's. There are 2 drivers and 1 HLCD on each side. Each pair is wired parallel for a 2 ohm load at the amp. Any set of speakers can have the neutrik connectors added.
Upload Upload