Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-03-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have been debating getting sacs all season as we are all beginners to surfing. We were borrowing a beginner board from some other friends for a while then decided it must be the board holding us back and spend a bunch of money on an inland surfer Swallow V2.. Don't get me wrong it's a sweet board but $ for $ spend that money on sacs.

I have spent several weeks looking at wakemakers.com trying to decide should I spend the money or not...... Well I realized yesterday they are actually about 5 minutes from where I work so I drove over and picked up some sacs.

Mastercraft X-45 used the stock rear on the surf side and the stock KGB.. Then added the 1100# sac to the rear locker and the 400# to the bow.

All I can say is WOW! HUGE difference in size and length. The bigger riders went from struggling with going wireless to it being easy, and the lighter riders are now progressing to tricks with the extra speed and size.

$ for $ I am not a convert the best thing you can do is buy some sacs and they really are not even all that expensive.

Just did first test yesterday I will try and take some pictures this weekend.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Definitely you need to sack out your boat right. It wont matter what board you have if you're running stock. It just doesn't cut it. Some of the higher performance boards will actually perform far worse on small waves.

Now that you have a better wave, you will see huge differences with the boards you use on it. Welcome to the game.
Old     (porkman)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-04-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Hey Rob we just did the same thing for our MC X45. I thought the wave was better with all stock ballast filled and the #400lb sac on the cooler seat. Were gonna try it in the board locker next time to see what that does. I agree the extra 1500# is a major difference.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-05-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkman View Post
Hey Rob we just did the same thing for our MC X45. I thought the wave was better with all stock ballast filled and the #400lb sac on the cooler seat. Were gonna try it in the board locker next time to see what that does. I agree the extra 1500# is a major difference.
We have only gone out 1 time... I was going to try the 400 on the front side seat next time to see how that feels.. I was debating on filling the other stock will try that too. I assume that would help with making the boat feel a little safer to drive since it won't lean as much but just be lower in water.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-05-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraRob View Post
We have only gone out 1 time... I was going to try the 400 on the front side seat next time to see how that feels.. I was debating on filling the other stock will try that too. I assume that would help with making the boat feel a little safer to drive since it won't lean as much but just be lower in water.
Hey Cobra. We have an 07 X45, It can handle a lot of weight on the surf side. It does not need much additional in the bow. Try stock plus 1100 in locker, 400 on cooler seat (we also put weight under cooler seat), 400 in board locker, KGB. We only fill starboard if less the half a tank of gas. Speed is important. Use a GPS to calibrate the PP at 11.5 kts. Boat is fine in light chop conditions. Just let the rollers pass before turning back to pick up fallen riders.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraRob View Post
Tried it with the 400 right behind driver for the goofy people.. and on the cooler for regular.. WOW.. you are correct that is the way to go. It was perfect. We had to go right about 12.8 for it to perfectly clean, and I was surprised that the starboard side actually looked a little better. I just have to call Eric at OJ today for a new prob.. Had time pulling out of hole and we were turning 3200 RPMs at surf speed