Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    wisconsinrider            04-10-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
Just got a cwb for cristmas and the ice just came off the lake up here in wisconsin. Ive only been out 2 times so far and i cant get the hang of getting up. I got up 1 time, but fell over right away. Any tips????
Old     (prior40)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-10-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
sit in the water like you were sitting in a chair with your knees sucked way up to your chest and your toes pointing up a little with the board under your feet. have the driver gradually pull you out of the water instead of popping you up like a wakeboard. this helps me get up. also check out snap, great dvd for beginners.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
When & what way are you falling? My brother in law would always fall backwards from pulling back on the rope too much and the board would come out from underneath him and skip forward. He would also do the same while trying to slide the board sideways on & off the wake. Snap really show how to position your body over the board making everything easier.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-12-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
What tim said works great, you pretty much get in position and have the driver idle slowly, you being dragged will push the board to your feet, then have them go and you should pop right up.
Old     (identiti_rider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-01-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
i always get the driver to potter forwards slowly, this keeps the board on my feet, then when im ready he(or she) will do the same as for when im on a wakeboard.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-03-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
If you know how to get up on a wakeboard try this it worked for my brother in law…
Hold the board & handle together on the top rail. Kick your feet up on the board and grab the bottom rail with your free hand. You will be in a ball with the board locked to your feet. Tell the drive to “hit it” and as it starts to pull you can let go of the board. This will put your board more on top of the water on the start, more like on a wakeboard. I suggest buying, eating, & sleeping the “SNAP” dvd and let Aaron Reed show you how.
Old    davidhoffman            05-03-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
Might not work for everyone but what I do is I hold the handle in one hand (my strong hand) and have the driver Idle at about 2 mph or something. I place the board on my feet and play around with what feels right on the board and wait a few seconds in place with the water pushin the board to your feet, suck my knees up, and yell go and then don't lean too far back. It should work. Just my 2 cents..
Old    wkbrdjesus            05-03-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
stay back and turn gradually, let the boat do the work for you. Dont pop up to soon and you'll get it
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-05-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
Ha ha! Snap helped me a lot, but u don't need it just to learn how to get up. (get it anyway though, awesome instruction) have you ever placed a kickboard under your feet or something when you were little? same thing sept angle your feet up. Not even by like, 1 degree though. get up slow. then twist around the same you would with a wakeboard. get Snap though. they have an underwater cam and it really shows you how to get up.