Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old    walt            09-21-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Gary,Stacy and everyone else that makes the event happen. We had a GREAT time !

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
Nice shots Walt, who owns the Chevy? That's a nice ride right there.
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Thanks Randy. It belongs to a friend of Squared of design.
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-21-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
The chevy is mine. Walt that is a bad ass pic! THANKS!!! Can you email me the others?
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Ronnie,

I'll send you the Hi-res version and thanks for letting me shoot it.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Gary, the leggings are pimp ,looks like you got another transcend.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-21-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
Here's some of mine:
Derek Cook
Upload
Brandon George
Upload
Tony Carroll
Upload
One of the Dans (W or B) not sure which sorry, they both had green trunks!
Upload
Josh Twelker
Upload
Chris
Upload

This was the best riding in an Outlaw final I have ever seen including going back to the good old days at Bel Aqua.
Old    mendo247            09-21-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
Definetly a sick weekend! It was great to see everyone.

A huge thanks to the whole DRA crew! They worked their rears off so we all could have a great time.
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
Nice shots Rich.
Old    wakeridinrob            09-21-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
MORE PICS!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^ dido what Walt said, colors are popping in Cooks shot.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-21-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
nice shots walt! the shot of the chevy's sick!

rich, that angle is sick! nice shots...love the bokeh!
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe. You should come up to one of these events next year.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-21-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, the 400 made things a little tight at time but at least I didn't have to stand in the water like this crazy guy!Upload

Upload
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Rich,
I'm just looking for a excuse to get a new set up.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-21-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
sundays out law was dope. Tony threw a crow mobe 540 dan bright threw a super clean big worm and chris a couple 7's. Tony ripped this weekend.
Old    walt            09-21-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-21-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
Dan's pass in the semis would have won Outlaw normally and he didn't even get into the finals!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-21-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
This was the 4th place pass. 1,2, and 3 were insane.

Melan Scarecrow
Roll to Blind
Tootsie Roll
Whirlybird
Switch HS 540

Stalefish TS Frontroll
Moby Dick
TS Melan 540
KGB
Dum Dum- Fall

Landing the Dum Dum would have put Josh in 2nd. Gary- it would be cool if you could post the top 3 passes from finals. For a grassroots event, the quality of riding was off the hook.

Congrats to Chris for his 2nd consecutive King of the Delta title!
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
Gary H(forgot the last name already haha) has made the delta a force to reckon with once again by putting on this event every year. it really gives us riders a chance to see what is out there and what it takes to really be the king of the delta. It has also helped everyone make a lot of friends that i dont think we would have without the DRA. So thank you so much Gary and Family for doing all of this. Im sure i speak for the whole wake community when i say you have had a big part in helping wakeboarding get where it is today in California.
Thank you thank you thank you Gary.

To all the sponsors and everyone that helped sliders or banners or anything else, thank you so much.

TC
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-21-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
Yes i totally 100% agrea with what tony said. These events are soo awesome and you meet great people that are so supportive and i love how everyones got each others backs and root each other on even when you giving it all you got to beat them and are secretaly praying that they fall haha jk jk
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-22-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
Delta Riders Association!!!!! I must say WOW! DRA supplied the nails and the riders threw down the hammers! I could not believe the final runs in the open class! The riders are pushing each other hard! And its not just the open class either, it goes for all the divisions. Big congrats to Chris Dykman for another crown. Tony, Danny, Trevor and Andrea are killing it and it was great to see BG back in force.

Big thanks to everyone at DRA and the sponsors this year for the memories. Of course, you will have to remind me of some!! Gary & Stacey, your hard work does not go unrecognized and maybe next year you won't get rolled on at your own event! Yet, it wouldn't be a DRA without it. You know CIE will have your back for anything, we are not going anywhere. See you all at '09 CIE Spring Ride!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
As I still hear drinking coffee trying to regain my voice, I realize how cool these events have become. I am so proud to be a part of the DRA group. Their dedication and passion for the sport is why I am still here. There is a group of about 20 people that show up for every event to help. Between building sliders, cleaning up, judging, driving, being on the dock, or whatever, these people get very little reward for all of their hard work. This year was a great year with the finals being very close. All of the division have gotten much tighter and the "kids" I used to announce for our now taking over. Next year will be bigger and better. We are talking about how to get more people, sponsors, riders, sliders, etc.... We appreciate all of you that work with us at these events, show up to support us, and most all those of you that come to ride and share the stoke.

Hope you all of a great off season. For me.... I may actually get to start riding now.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
King of the Delta, or at least Orwood goes to Tonis. The master rock-star comes rolling in with 2-3 hours of sleep, way to hung over and kills his run. Heck he almost missed getting to the dock. If it wasn't for me barking at him for an hour to get down there, he may have blow it off...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-22-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
21 Tomcat looks good too
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
BILLY MICHALES!!!!!! Tonis is a rockstar for sure.

good 'ish this weekend. Gary & Stacy you guys rock. Everyone ripped it for sure, breakfast at the cafe sunday morning was memorable. it was a blast. orwood is an awesome place for the event and i'm glad i was a part of it. hope it goes off like this next year.
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Where do we begin? Billy, you and Buffalow summed it up for me... But let me reiterate on how grateful we are to have such a huge support system. From the beginning to the end, all of you make this happen for us and we are sooooooo grateful to each and everyone of you for it. We are all equally responsible for making DRA what it is today. From trying to catch the bad guys who stole our banners, to the one's that picked up BBQ's for us, everyone has played a part of this incredible season! Congratulations to all the riders and thanks for supporting our events this season!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-22-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
So how did the 21 Tomcat perform for you all?
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-22-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
It was awesome!!! It's so great to hang out with all my friends that I would never have if it were not for wakeboarding and DRA.

Gary & Stacy - Thanks for all the hard work! Can't wait to be there next year!!!
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
thanks gary and stacy great fun this weekend good times out there from friday til the end of the day on sat... the people that i have met out there are great and never would have met any of them if it wasnt for your events. Cant wait til next year and if you need any help controling the traffic or help with anything else let me know. IT was great seeing everybody there and the bonfires at our campspot were great fun
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
I just have to give a big thanks to everyone for your comments. Man Tony you almost brought a tear to my eye, seriously I appreciate that from the heart. Tonis, you the man! Anything I can do you know I will be there for ya.
These events are getting better and better every time and it is because of all of you. I wish I could take all the credit but it really is because of the riders, their families, the people that come out to watch and the Sponsors that have been so gracious to donate their money and products to the events.
So thank you MB, Togo's, Supra/Moomba, Cire, Neptune Marine Audio, CIE, Hyperlite, Red Bull, CWB, Buywake.com, Wakeworld, Darrel Varni Electric, Liquid Trends, HSE, Squared Off Designs, and Orwood Resort for there location and hospitality.
Then thank you to all that helped the Payton’s, and Twelker’s do so much not only with DRA but their own events also (so don't miss the WWA Villa Lago's this weekend), Thanks also to the Denatali's (SP for sure), Hutchecks (driver extraordinaire) Kapel's, and the other die hards that manned the jet ski's and judged in the boats.
Then I have to Thank my boy's Buffalo (always entertaining and doing what you do best), Brick (Tim), Load (Doug), Tate, Trevor (AKA BILL), Robin, and the one that puts up with me the most my wife Stacy.
I just wanted to see good riding on the Delta close up, What I got was Great friends, life long memories, and exposure to meeting so many really great people. Not to mention seeing some of the best riding in the country on the Delta.

Thank You all of you and DRA will be back next season still trying to go Bigger and Better.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
"Orwood" and "hospitality" in the same sentence? Nice! You can't be talking about that troll that drives around in the golf cart! J/K...

Congrats to your success G. Wish I could have stuck around longer.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Did you ever find your wallet? Just found mine today.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
nope. Think my backpack opened up on the freeway. The boardshorts flew out, along with a hat. Lost my license, credit cards, everything. Even worse, I lost my favorite pair of Cire shorts....my lucky shorts.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
that sucks...happened to me on more than one occastion.

thats why you dont put lucky shorts in a not so lucky backpack while on a bike....shorts not soooo lucky anymore
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Yep. The wind was hitting me HARD on 880W. I saw that the zippers were joined at the top of the bag, but ignored it.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
"troll on the golf cart"
hahaha thats hella funny. That dude was grumpy as hell
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
"troll on the golf cart"
there all grumpy trolls on the golf cart that guy and ecpecially that lady on the cart in the morns this weekend
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
he told us its ok to camp and have fun buts theres no reason to be drinking and playing music. We were like ok ya no problem. Then when he left we said man he's gonna be pissed tomorrow night when red bull throws that party. And he was
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
After talking to the owner of Orwood today, several people didn't pay for camping, perhaps that's why they were "grumpy". As far as the "troll", she was doing her job. I understand you guys being upset, but this is their livelihood. This is one of the reasons Orwood allows us to have our events there, so they can earn a living. You always have to look at both perspectives...

JR - you are too funny

Jarrod - I suggested to Cire, to make u a special pair, reppin the 880-W.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
once again thank you gary and stacy and to all the DRA crew i had a blast all year long and i know all my buddies did as well i'm a kinda sad this seaon is over but at the same i can't wait for next year!

p.s the troll lady is CRAZY!!!
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Jarrod - Here you go:

(This is what happens when woman are bored)

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Not to make this a thread about Orwood.....but
the entire family has been rude to us at one point or another. The lady that collects the money for the launch is horrible.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
yeah agreed j-rod never had any complaints with anything there until we got charged for 2 launches cuz we had to pull thje boat out immediately after launching to put some gas in it and she wanted us to buy another launch pass to put it back in i know its her job but that is kinda rediculous.... but on the bright side this weekend was awesome
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
zippers at the top = yard sale on the freeway
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
hahah...nice! Thanks Stacy.
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
I agree...you do deserve some respect. I know about the rude launch lady, was she the troll on the golf cart, or was it Carrie in the store?

They just felt everyone was trying to get over on them with camping so they were on guard I guess, no excuse though. G and I are meeting with them soon, and I will let them know what happened.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
yeah stacy that was the troll i was talkin about lol
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
no it was the guy. larry i think??? Thats not cool if people used sites they didnt pay for. The lady in the store was cool. They might be talking about having more people than 2 there and not paying. Thats what the problem was for us we had about 6 people there kicking it having a beer on sat during the comp between classes and they wanted 5 dollars each for anyone over 2. We worked it out with them but from being there every week i know that this was the biggest weekend for them this yr between the people that paid to camp and the resturant from the DRA campers and riders.

It wasnt that big of a deal.... we kinda just laughed it off afterwards. Were used to it were there all the time
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-22-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
I know who j-rods talking about lol oh man...

Those shorts are sick!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH BOY I see a little added prize for the 09 King of the Delta, Wait till I get ahold of those shorts and some of my matching socks.
Old     (motodivas)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-22-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Thank for the fun weekend... lol .. it makes sad its fall ;(

(Message edited by motodivas on September 22, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Danny,

Congrats to you for coming onto the seen and quickly advancing into the high ranks. I know that if I was nipping at Dykmans and Carrols heels, I would feel good about my riding. Huge accomplishment to be competing with those guys.

You're going huge buddy. Keep it up.
Old    walt            09-22-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Congrats to Vince D for back to back wins in masters too ! Way to go old man.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
Heather I owe you Hubby so much for all the help, Let him know he owes me some time to take him riding.
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-22-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
G&S,
Just a great event. A great year. Thanks so much for all you hard work, dedication and sacrifice. Your passion for the sport is the fuel we all feed off of. We're fortune I didn't take you up on the offer to buy the DRA for a hotdog. Can't wait for next year. Congrat's to Chris, Tony and all the other riders. Incredible showing. And Tonis, that hung run on Sunday was impressive.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Hairbandude;

The 21 Tomcat is a sick boat. This thing handles exceptional and the wake is very firm and shapely. Big and firm. This is a boat that dosn't need a lot of extra weight if any. 400 to 500 in the nose and your golden. The one we ran had the smaller motor in it and that is about all that I can complain about. The interior is super roomy and fit and finish is stepping up to the plate as usual. If your in the market for a boat then you should make a effort to check the 21 Tomcat out. In the Delta area check out Sporting Edge or Larsons Marine for a demo.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-22-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
DRA- That was my first DRA comp at the delta, and I have to say the wake was sooo much better there than the wake at Bell Aqua... The deeper water, or the boat, or both gave it some real kick. Props to the boat choice and location!

The camping and the long levi to watch worked out great! Now just get a permit to knock down that one building so we can see all the way down the channel

What were the results of Advanced and Expert?

-uj
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-22-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
Thanks j-rod It does feel pretty good now that I think about it.. But it woulda felt even better if I was wearing that sweet crown on my head right now as im posting on here lol next year dykmans next year! haha Both tony and chris jus plain rip and i all i could do was my best to keep up.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Great weekend!!!!! It was a blast!! It was sooooo good to be back! Wish I could have rode better but I had so much fun it made up for it!! Saturday night was so rad!! I have not had that much fun since Spring Ride!! Gary, stacy and the whole DRA crew!! Great event!! Can' wait for next season!!
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
i totally agree with BG havn't had that much fun since spring ride!!!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-23-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
yes it was absolutely a fun time, from friday all the way till about 5 minutes after i crashed out in the semi finals and realized how exuasted i was. im still trying to get back to normal. deffiantely huge props to everyone who helped out and of course thanks to Gry and Stacy for putting everything together. i cant wait till next year.
Old     (shawna_h)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-23-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
Thanks So much Gary and Stacy! I had so much fun this weekend! The boat was great, thankyou drivers and judges!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Shawna I heard you spanked all the boys in Expert, congrats girl. See you at the pond this weekend.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-23-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Some more shots from saturday:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
Nice shots Rich, who is the rider in the 4th pic?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-23-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
18 outlaws rode on saturday, I can't keep track of them all!Upload

Maybe someone else knows.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
that rider is Jake Weaver randy
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Kyle, I see his Shasta lake tat after a closer look.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-24-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
hey Callen, is that paint from the rail on your shorts?? haha nice touch.