Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
Let me start by saying that I'm practical/Frugal since I'm pretty much a weekend warrior!
Right now I can P/U @ pair of 2010 Marius boots for $169 or splurge for 2010 Ronix 1's for $250
I really want to reduce the weight of my set-up. Currently I ride the HL Murray w/ the nova core + 08 CWB Answers, not exactly the lightest package. I really would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks....
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-22-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
I was running 2008 CWB Zeus' and went to Ronix 1's and I haven't looked back. The Ronix stuff is lighter for sure and the heat molding of the liner made it fit perfect to my foot. I was running a CWB Absolute and have switched to a 2011 Ronix 1 board as well. The whole setup is half as light or more than my CWB was. I demoed a 2010 ronix one at the same time I still had my absolute/zeus setup and I was boosting higher with less effort with the Ronix setup.
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
I was afraid of what you might say! Because, last weekend all 5 peps in the boat were rocking Ronix bindings, I was the black sheep, all I heard was "Better get on board with sum Ronix's!" Arrg!!!!! I do appreciate da honest feedback. Anyone ride the 10 Marius boots?...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-22-2011, 8:09 PM Reply   
Richnnorcal I had 08 answers also and now i have 2010 marius bindings.They are about a pound lighter a piece and more flexible than the answers.Don't give up on CWB demo some and you will see they are good.
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
Finally, someone who rides with Marius boots! like hearing that they're 2 pounds lighter with more flex. Did u notice any difference with the orthopedic foot bed? Was it easy to get in and out? Do you like the new lever hinge? If I get a chance I'll demo some. thanks for the info....R.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-23-2011, 3:05 AM Reply   
They are very comfortable.Also easier to get in and out of ,especially in the water.The laces are easy to keep track of too.The lever hinge is adjustable to your comfort level.I also found my feet don't slip in them on hard off balance landings,making it easier to recover.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
The 2010+ CWB boots are leaps and bounds above the 2008 stuff. Especially in regards to weight. I ride the '10 Answers and have put them through the ringer since I got them November before last, they are still holding strong. In my experience, the CWB gear is the most durable gear out there.

Also, I think that getting the right shape for how you ride plays a bigger part in your riding than weight of the equipment. To use Greg as an example, if he was using one of the Platinum Absolutes his riding would likely not have improved. He just apparently jumped on a board that his riding style agreed with. Nothing to do with weight.

Last edited by stephan; 04-23-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-24-2011, 7:55 PM Reply   
I got the 2010 marius last year and I have loved them. The hinge locks in your heel really good and there is zero heel lift. They are also very comfortable I can ride them all day long without my feet getting uncomfortable.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
is the weight of your set-up really holding you back and keeping you from progressing?
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
Joe, were you talking to me or small light? I think for me it was the last time I went out, everyone else had a lighter set-up's and all raved about the Ronix 1's.
I wanted something lighter on the feet and wallet! Maybe this will help me progress! ha ha...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2011, 9:06 PM Reply   
i was talking to you. and i hope you don't take this the wrong way but "a carpenter never blames his tools."

Small Light (stephan) is right though that it's more of finding the right shape for you than finding a lighter set-up. i know this sounds harsh but using weight as an excuse is one of the weakest excuses out there.
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
ok, I understand what you were saying Joe! However, all I ever wanted was a "Pepsi" (vandall reference)... cause all i ever said was I wanted a lighter set-up! You can proofread my comments, I never blamed my "tool" for anything....of course a carpenter would love to have some nice Dewalt tools, doesn't make him a better carpenter, just a happier one!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2011, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by richnnorcal View Post
You can proofread my comments, I never blamed my "tool" for anything
my last post was in response to your post below, the last line in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnnorcal View Post
Joe, were you talking to me or small light? I think for me it was the last time I went out, everyone else had a lighter set-up's and all raved about the Ronix 1's.
I wanted something lighter on the feet and wallet! Maybe this will help me progress! ha ha...
other than weight, what's wrong w/ your current set-up?
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2011, 10:47 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for your comments/feedback regarding CWB Marius Bindings, I've decided to purchase a pair of 2010 Marius boots, again thanks!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
Cool man... You'll be stoked. The CWB stuff is the lightest on the market right now, and the 10's will be worlds better than you're 08's. It really comes down to what is more comfortable, though. Like these guys said.... The weight means very little. Board shape and binding comfort are paramount.