Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old    star_star            05-08-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
my wife and i are going for our tenth wedding anniversary. has anyone been to any of the previous stops in acworth? we are really excited but aren't sure what to expect. the wakeboarding scene really has been a joy for us. we ride year-round and have made many wonderful new friends through the sport. hopefully, we'll meet some of you guys and girls there. rock out.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-08-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
The pro tour in Acworth is an awesome venue. The people of Georgia are so nice and it is just a great way to kick off the pro tour. Congrats on your anniversary!!
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-09-2007, 4:45 AM Reply   
Star, check out wakeboardatlanta.com, alot of those guys are going.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-09-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
I give a second thumbs up for the PWT in Acworth, last years event was awesome with the triumphant return of Shaun Murray. The venue is good and they pulled in a good crowd. Lets hope the spring showers stay away.

TeamValdez, I assume I will see you there again?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Star, sent you a PM. Congrats on your anniversary.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
Team Valdez is correct Star.
The scenry is awesome and the riders are hot.
Congratulations. You will have a blast.
Dallas Landing
Upload

WakeWorld has a gallery from last year below
http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=354

I would suggest asking for references on your hotel. There are some dumps there to avoid.
The green pool was pretty bad where I stayed.
Does anybody have any good hotel reccomendations?
Old     (alt_adjust)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-09-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
I am planing on heading down with the boat on Friday night. Should be a good time. If anyone is out on the water, look for a blue and black Malibu.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Will for sure be there. I can't remember the name of the hotel that we stayed at. I remember it was right behind the Shoneys, next to the Comfort Inn on Conroy or conway. Any help please wakeworlders?? thanks!
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-09-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
As for the hotels, yeah it is definitely hit or miss in that area. I would say its worth it to find a nice, clean hotel in Roswell, GA or Marietta, GA and drive a little further to the event. You're going to be there all day anyway, so what's another 15-20 min drive to stay in a nicier place. I live about 20 min away from Dallas Landing near Roswell, GA.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
i hope i'm there, exams are 3 days after sunday

if i start studying before i'll probably be able too, but i want to go so damn bad!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Robyn, I thought you guys stayed at the comfort where the Fletchers were last year, we were next door at a Holiday Inn Express, It's on North Point way a couple of miles from the site. Rooms were ok and under a $100. There is also a Quality Inn on the other side of the freeway it's on Cowan, maybe that's the one your thinking about.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
randy do you mean north point way or north point parkway

north point parkway is like 10min from my house and the location of the tournament is about 35min from my house (depending on traffic)

if anybody needs any help of stuff to do... places to stay... shopping for wives (heck i dunno)... or other places to board at just ask i'll be glad to help any way i can!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
Thats so cool of you Brett, looking forward to meeting you there. If you see a blonde lady with two brown kids that is me.
Randy, I lost the hoffmans number two phones ago, can you please pm me the number?? thanks!
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
i will be there, i really enjoyed it last year
will be on 07 gg supra
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
Brett, I think it's North Point Way, there is like 3 or 4 hotels right together, I stayed there last year, it's less then 10 min from the site.

Robyn, PM sent.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-09-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Robyn are you anxious to see me again......lol
I'm bringing my flipflops and cowboy hat so i'm ready to go. BrettB. you have room and board at your place for about 8 people? I think we will be getting in there on Wednesday.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-10-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
Hey Mr Duuuuug, yes I am happy to hear that you are going, but I hear with more of the stops you are costing me money!! Me and Cara had this system down!! half rental, half room. You better grab some checks from your route!
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-10-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hey Robyn & gang

Does anyone know who this rider is?
Nobody knows.

Upload
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-10-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Barry, you are too funny, thats my little brown trout. Man, he looks so much older!! Yikes!! Thanks for sharing!
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-10-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
how long are you guys staying out here? if you're coming from california, i don't htink i could do just a weekend!

but i don't think atlanta is the coolest place to stay at so ya, a weekend would be fine as a tourist