Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-30-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
This was very kool...Jake, my husband, went to Orlando today for a wakeboard comp. I had to work... and Parks and Shaun showed up! He hung out with them and got all kinds of sweet stuff on video for www.420Production.com. He called my cell and said 'you won't believe who is standing here with me..' and then Parks got on the phone, I told him good job at the X games and told him to make sure Jake taped EVERYTHING!!! Parks said Jake was on it. Then Jake put Shaun on the phone and I told him how great I think he is and how much Detention helped me, and how I was able to clear the wake after only two months with the help of his video, he said 'oh I was such a dork in that video!' I said, 'no way, you were FUNNY'! I was so excited, they were both so kool, and then when I got home on my answering machine, Shaun was on there and said "Angi, Shaun Murray,,,I heard you do some haircuttin' stuff and I'm lookin kinda shaggy right now so I was wondering if you could help me out, but umm, I heard ya do good stuff, so anyways, thanks, have a good one..."

I am smilin' like a school girl! Anyway, just thought that was really kool that they did that for Jake and thought I would share..!

look for the video up SOON...
www.420Production.com

(Message edited by wakejunkeygirl on August 30, 2003)
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-30-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
That's a pretty cool story. I wish I would have known about anything going on in Orlando today - I didn't do crap and could have checked out whatever comp was going on.
Old    jakeman            08-30-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
David

all the pros will be there on sunday too
"the backyard tour"
u must go

late/jake
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
I think it's cool that these guys are still down to earth.Wakeboarders are a different breed of people and it doesn't seem to have as many snobs as other sports.

B-
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-31-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
Barry, yeah, it was sweet! it would be like someone who loves basketball talking to michael jordan!
Old    andrew_james            08-31-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
Excellent guys.
Old    jakeman            09-03-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
Barry

switching the white balance to outdoor
worked

thanks for the beers/cheers

this video is dope
" Off the Leash "

it will be up soon
late/jake
Old    jakeman            09-03-2003, 9:02 PM Reply   
video of Murray, Parks & other Pro's is ready

www.420EMPIRE.com

" Off The Leash "

check it!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2003, 12:04 AM Reply   
Good vid Jake, love those 360's off one wake by parks
Old    socaligirl            09-12-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
My boyfriend was at an amateur competition and won a private lesson with Shaun. I was gonna go, but thought that I wouldn't be allowed on the boat. I came later that day and I met Shaun. He told me I should have came out on the boat and hung out with his fiance. I was bummin'! He is a totally cool and down to earth guy. I'm glad you got to meet Shaun and Parks!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-12-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
damn! thats sweet, a private lesson!!!

yeah, i was bummed too since i had to work, but luckily my sweetheart of a husband said "man, my wife thinks you guys are the best,,can you at least give her a call, since she will not get to meet ya in person and only see ya on the video"...how nice was it of Parks and Shaun to take time to do that!!! Since then I got really sick and was in bed for like a week with a nasty flu bug, and my husband went out and bought me Shaun Murray Unleashed for PS2, he said 'well, if you can't wakeboard for real, maybe this will tide you over...' so i was left ALONE alllll day with Parks, Shaun, Dallas and and all the other pros...*probably be the only time i ever throw backroll too* LOL. hopefully I'll get to meet them in person at the next event!!! *maybe I'll have him autograph my Playstation game box!!*
Old    socaligirl            09-12-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
Thats what is so cool about most pros in wakeboarding, they are still grouonded and truly passonate about what they do.Almost guaranteed that no other professional sports star would do that. My boyfriend had him autograph his playstation box. Hope you get to meet him soon!
Old    barefooter            09-18-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
I went to the Gravel Tour that weekend on the 30th
while the Backyard tour was there and met Shawn along with the others that were there as well as went back on Sunday and hung out with the guys all day long.It was a very cool time and I was lucky enough to congradulate them on the vidio Detention 1&2. Shawn Murrey was so cool ,I told him I am a beginner to the sport and He signed my
Hyperlite premier 140! Every time I ride now I can look down at his signature and get so stoked I am learning more and more.Those guys are the GREATEST to hang out with because they are down to earth people that will be happy to talk to anyone.You may have an oppertunity to meet some of the guys at the Gravel Tour Finale on September 27, at OWC.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-18-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
SWEET!

I'm keepin' my fingers crossed!!!

Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-18-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
This is off topic, but that was sweet of your husband (angie) to buy you that game--hope you feel better soon.
Old    jakeman            09-18-2003, 7:21 PM Reply   
-the not so naked chef-

thanks! u just got me a
"get-out-of-jail-free-card"

late/jake
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-18-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
ha ha!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-18-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
awww, thanks chef!!!! *about the feeling better soon*

and, yes,,Jake has a couple "boys nites out" on reserve now
Old     (shakes5)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-21-2003, 10:24 PM Reply   
sat. at boardstock, in cal. Murray had just sat down at a table with shapiro and a few other pro's to eat, we realized that he had just finished signing hundreds of autographs and asked if he would take a pic with my pals wife and 4 month old girl. He stood up, smiled and took an awsome pic. Thanks Murray.
Old    oldschool            09-23-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Who's Shaun Murray?
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-23-2003, 5:10 PM Reply   
You wouldn't know him...
Old    oldschool            09-24-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
Probably not. Orlando people are tooo cool for me.
Old    jakeman            09-24-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
craig

go drink some more
"Hater-ADE"

and finish hanging yur blinds
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-24-2003, 9:58 PM Reply   
Scott whaaaaaaaaat...scott whoooo?
LOL

"that shaun murray is soo hot right now"

Oh yeah, how kool is this, Lloyd, Shauns dad just mailed me an autographed t-shirt!!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-25-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
actually, all the 'Orlando' people we have met and hung out with didnt act 'too cool' at all, real down to earth and laid back which always makes boarding fun!!

like snoop says: "Laaaaaaaaaaaid back"

*oh and Shaun knows OF you craig, we DID show him Your video!!!* "YEAH, AND?" good stuff.
Parks thought it was sweet too.