Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    wake_up            02-02-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
I'm going to replace all my clarion component speakers. any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-02-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
May I suggest- go to the norther ca. boat show that is going on right now in Pleasanton and try to listen to each speaker and-or- go to any local stereo shop and ask them what speakers you can listen to. Anyone on here will give you their opinion and it might not be the same as yours. Its really up to you as to what sound your looking for and how much you want to spend.
I have JL audio XR series in my boat. It sounds okay for me.
Hope this helps you out.
Good luck.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-03-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
MB Quart "Reference" series are very nice. I compared several, and these sounded by far the best.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-03-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
I think these days you really can't go wrong with alot of brands the only thing I suggest is that you get top of the line.whatever they are!

Polk Momos work out pretty good for me!
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-04-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
If you want loud & excellent sound the Focal 165V2 are the way to go. There rated 93db which is 3x as loud as most MB-Q. They also sound just as good. If you just want good sound and loudness isnt an issue go with the MB-Q or Infinity Kappas.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
i have had good luck with image dynamic chamelons...really impressed with their performance..have tried focal, mb quart, and dynaudio's.

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
If money is not an object check out the specs on these

http://www.cadencesound.com/action.lasso?-Database=Products&-Table=WEB&-ResponseAny=drivers_detail.html&-token.sub=&-token.comps=CVL-&-KeyField=ID&-KeyValue=240&-search

These are som of the loudest best sounding components I've heard to date. SPL of 96
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-04-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
Kristian -

You are saying that the infinity Kappas (I am considering them) are not as loud as the others you mention? How do the focals compare in price to the Infinity Kappas?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-04-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
Adam those components are monsters. If your not going with the new long-throw type speakers these look to be the way to go. I would love to hear them. Tigeguy I have 2 sets of kappas on my tower and I love the sound of them but in a outdoor enviroment with no reflection they just are not as loud as I would like. The Focals which I'm planning on buying to replace the Kappas sound just as good if not better but are 3x louder with the same amount of power as my Kappas. I heard them in person and they scream. Focals are not cheap $300 a set where as kappas can be found $150 new on Ebay. Either way your going to get a great sounding speaker.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
A guy down here has 2 pairs up on hi malubu. They sound incredible for what they are. It's proabbly the best sounding 4 can setup I've heard. Here's the link to his website. I think they are called the banditos. (His are color matched to his boat) www.luckydevildesigns.com
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-04-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
So the Cadence speakers have a good sound? On paper they look awesome. 96db and 200 rms now thats a speaker. You've got my attention ! @$420 a set they better sound good. Hmmm I wish I was rich ...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
I'd rather pay $2k for the NVS.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-04-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
Adam- I agree the Long-throw design looks to be the future. I have not been able to hear them yet so not sure how they compare soundwise, which is just as important to me as volume. I found your Cadence speakers on line for $216 a set and I'm now seriously considering them. How would you compare there sound compared to a Mb-Q or Focal speaker ?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-04-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Make sure to differentiate the difference between tower and cabin speakers. I (like John who started the thread) am considering replacing the in cabin clarion speakers. The application is very different than on the tower. I would like something with a little more full sound. I see lots of threads about tower speakers, but not much about cabin speakers...

Anyone else want to elaborate on the best cabin speaker for the buck?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-04-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Did not mean to hijack your thread just trying to help. For myself there is no difference between a cabin or tower speaker. I want the loudest speaker possible without sacrificing sound quality. I'm not so much concerned with getting the sound to a rider as much as how it sounds within the boat. The speakers weve been discussing should work well for all purposes. You want to look for a speaker that has a high Db sensitivity without sacrificing power handling. Another component option might be Infinity's Reference series. There rated @ 92db and 90 rms. I've never heard a Infinity speaker that sounded bad plus you can get them for around $100