Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-09-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Buxton Marine 7:30pm...i went to the release for G23 party. Just posted on FB by Nautique
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-09-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Just saw that. When did they release that boat?
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-09-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
Hmmm watch the unveiling of the G25 while drinking a gatorade G2. Or stand in line to see The Dark Knight while wearing my Batman costume. Decisions. . .
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-10-2012, 5:28 AM Reply   
So is that boat the G25? The one in the picture?
It looks like the emblem that would tell one way or the other was blurred out in Photoshop. Junior Varsity stuff. Anyone with an eye for that can tell.
I can tell by the pixels, and I've seen a few 'shops in my day.

Last edited by boomshot; 07-10-2012 at 5:32 AM.
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-10-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
So are we saying there is really not a G25? That should make for an interesting launch party.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-10-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
Remember the whole debacle about the early release of the G23 photo from the magazine??
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-10-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
love or hate. nautique did a much better job on the release of the G23 than any other maker as of late.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-10-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy7 View Post
love or hate. nautique did a much better job on the release of the G23 than any other maker as of late.
MHunter, what did you think of the launch?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-10-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
MHunter, what did you think of the launch?
I thought it was great! Here was my view...stop starting ****!

Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-10-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
I thought that release event thing came off so douchey. Flying in on a jet, red carpet. Scott Byerly looked like "jesus lord get me the f**k out of here".
But... no matter , they are killing it with this thing. Best release of a boat in a long time, I just thought Murray's little speech thing was a bit much. It just wasn't for me. The boat is though.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-10-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
look at the hype, buzz they created around it and then actually had the boat ready for production.

since i know i will be bashed. lets give examples of that not happing. new xstar, centurion had a release party and wouldnt even put in the water....... nice. seems like there was another.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-10-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Will the proxy wangs of the G23 owners be two G's short of the G25 owners?

How will a G25 look with 30 bullet hollowpoints on the tower?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
In terms of failings, what happened to the Supra event that didn't end up happening? There was stuff all over Facebook about it last week, then nothing. At least nothing about it on here or there or on their web site.

Centurion had an event and wouldn't put the boat in the water? Srsly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Will the proxy wangs of the G23 owners be two G's short of the G25 owners??
Yes their proxy wangs will be small in comparison. They'll soon be cuckolded by G25 owners, you can count on it. Real men, who buy real boats.

Last edited by boomshot; 07-11-2012 at 6:13 AM.
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-11-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
Sad part is the people that talk the loudest about Nautiques are the non owners compaired to the owners, atleast on this site for sure.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-11-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
There will be a G25 and I am almost certain the photo in the pic is a 23. I wouldn't imagine they would show pics of the actual boat before the release party. I understand the disappointmetns of companies announcing release parties for a new model and then dropping the ball or not releasing the model. Or not even putting it on water. What I don't understand is why people would hate on Nautique for throwing a release party? Lets take this new boat out of the equation and look at it from a business stand point. Nautique is a for profit company just like all the other guys right? As a business wouldn't you want to have events and marketing plans to compaign new products? Makes sense to me and most of the time they hand out free swag, food, and drinks. Encourage families and friends to get into boating. Shoot half the people at the launch party probably couldn't afford a G23 and many may have went on and bought other boats from other manufacturers due to the excitement of events like these. It's not just good for the company, its good for the sport. For the most part, Nautique doesn't even market as much as many other companies and they list there pricing online unlike others. I'm not preaching Nautique or these so called "fan boys" all of you refer to, but its the truth.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
boomshot -
The only date I have heard for the Supra event has been 7/22 and it has been all along as far as I ever heard. Still 1.5 weeks away.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-11-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Centurion had an event and wouldn't put the boat in the water? Srsly?

it was in arizona i believe. had all their dealers and team riders and refused to let them see the wake/wave. apparently they didnt have the boat 'tuned' in yet, is what i hear.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Well what was the new Centurion boat about. Pics? Looks like a swing and a miss, as someone who follows this stuff pretty closely.

EDIT: Had to google it. The Fx22? Snooze fest. Who cares?

Last edited by boomshot; 07-11-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-12-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
The Truth,

The Skier's Choice Dealer Meeting to showcase our new offerings for 2013 is in Nashville on July 22 for Supra. And July 24th for Moomba.

We, too, are very excited about showcasing our products.

Rick
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-13-2012, 11:57 PM Reply   
What's the dry weight? What kind of vehicle would you have to own to tow one?
Old     (fbmuline)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-14-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
The boat in the pic is actually a G25 and no it is not photoshoped.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-16-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
Well what was the new Centurion boat about. Pics? Looks like a swing and a miss, as someone who follows this stuff pretty closely.

EDIT: Had to google it. The Fx22? Snooze fest. Who cares?
maybe not closely enough?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-16-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
I stand corrected. Actually I love R. Tinker and for keeping Supra boats looking pretty traditional. I have a high amount of respect for him.

As for the FX22, yes closely enough and that boat did not even make a ripple. Sorry if that's hard to hear. This year Correct Craft took a huge gamble and it paid off. Even its closest competitor, the 2012 X-Star, is just a flop by comparison and it's a little sad to see. Supra and anyone else in that top teir (Malibu, Supra, Nautique, MC) is going to need to take some serious risks to top that, and I don't see it happening. Maybe next year. This "2012 X-Star" is the Google+ to Nautique's Facebook. As in nobody really wants it, or cares, except to see it founder and sink. But MC is invested in it so we need to see what they do. I bet that boat gets redesigned very, very quickly.

As for the G25, I never said the boat was Photoshopped I said that the decal that says G23/G25 on the hull is apparently blurred out in photoshop. I don't know for certain, I just have a hunch.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-16-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbmuline View Post
The boat in the pic is actually a G25 and no it is not photoshoped.
You sure? Having been in the 23 a few times, those people look like they are sitting in the exact same spacing as the 23. I think that pic is the 23...
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-16-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
I stand corrected. Actually I love R. Tinker and for keeping Supra boats looking pretty traditional. I have a high amount of respect for him.

As for the FX22, yes closely enough and that boat did not even make a ripple. Sorry if that's hard to hear. This year Correct Craft took a huge gamble and it paid off. Even its closest competitor, the 2012 X-Star, is just a flop by comparison and it's a little sad to see. Supra and anyone else in that top teir (Malibu, Supra, Nautique, MC) is going to need to take some serious risks to top that, and I don't see it happening. Maybe next year. This "2012 X-Star" is the Google+ to Nautique's Facebook. As in nobody really wants it, or cares, except to see it founder and sink. But MC is invested in it so we need to see what they do. I bet that boat gets redesigned very, very quickly.

As for the G25, I never said the boat was Photoshopped I said that the decal that says G23/G25 on the hull is apparently blurred out in photoshop. I don't know for certain, I just have a hunch.
im surprised we havent seen more on the X as far as pics. didnt i see a thread where a guy owns a new one? or is he just getting one?
i agree. nautique took a chance and its paid off well.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-16-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
Truth,

I think your respect for me is about to go down. .... at least on this new model. ha
Old     (fbmuline)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-16-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
wakeboardr11 I am 100% sure that it is a G25 not G23. I have been in that exact boat.
Old    9Drozd            07-16-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
Its gotta be a g25. The distance from the back of the boat to the back of the tower is longer.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-20-2012, 12:46 PM Reply   
Where is this boat?

And Mr. Tinker, no worries. You can release a non-traditional boat and I will still respect you and like the company you run.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-20-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
My buddy just got a look at the G25 at Buxton. He said they wouldn't let him take pics until the official launch, but confirmed the color scheme was the exact same as that boat pictured. He owns a 2011 230 and said the G25 swallowed his.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-20-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
Video is up on nautiques FB page.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-20-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
Double post
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
Oh man, that wake looks pretty big...
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-20-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Please tell me that is at 95 feet with no ballast!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-20-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
So is that boat the G25? The one in the picture?
It looks like the emblem that would tell one way or the other was blurred out in Photoshop. Junior Varsity stuff. Anyone with an eye for that can tell.
I can tell by the pixels, and I've seen a few 'shops in my day.

FYI they definitely did Photoshop that out for whatever reason. I have no idea why, but here's the image in identical resolutions and sizes, zoomed close in photoshop. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me. Straight up junior varsity.
Attached Images

Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-20-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
My buddy just got a look at the G25 at Buxton. He said they wouldn't let him take pics until the official launch, but confirmed the color scheme was the exact same as that boat pictured. He owns a 2011 230 and said the G25 swallowed his.
No pics? What a blueballs crapfest then. They hold a release party then tell you not to take pictures? For serious? This boat owes MOST if not all of its current adulation to pictures posted online.

I expect more from them. Maybe it's because they let Bruxom control it and not Correct Craft proper.
Did you ask your buddy how many "everything's bigger in Texas" jokes there were? I bet there were a bunch. Yeeeeehoowwaaa. Bang-bang. Durn persnickety steer!

Lame. I expect to love this boat like I love the G23 but as a marketer, boat nerd, and Nautique guy, I am actually disappointed.

Did they let golden boy over at Planetnautique post any pics? I got the press release that just had the one G25 pic in it from this very same thread. Which now I can tell definitely did have the emblem blurred out in photoshop. See above post. No idea why they'd do that but they did. The pixels don't lie. Like someone's not going to notice that. Stupid.

PS. I fail to see how the G23 interior "swallows" your friend's 230, since it's a bit of a 230 parts bin when it comes to that interior shape. And the interior is the one and only real criticism I've heard about that boat. I beg to differ as the 230 and G23 are both huge in my estimation in terms of interior. "Feels a little bit small inside" is what someone said on another board said.

that's what she said

JayVee this time guys. Pro-level with the G23 thing (except for the premature wakemagulation) but on this, straight up JV 'ish.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-20-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
From PN
Attached Images

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
83 gallon fuel capacity? I'm guessing with that big and heavy of a boat, it will go through it too. At $3.50 thats almost $300 per fill up. Yes, I know that if you have $150k for the boat, $300 to fill it up isn't a big deal, but thats still just crazy to me.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Please tell me that is at 95 feet with no ballast!
Yeah looks like it. But wait a minute,that's not me!!! I have gray hair and I'm not that tall. On second thought it could be me in my younger days I was riding GOOFY!
Old    TN22            07-20-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
Does anybody know how much this thing costs?
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-20-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
5900 pounds dry! Wowza!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-20-2012, 9:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN22 View Post
Does anybody know how much this thing costs?
From PlanetNautique:

$126,714 base

$170,000ish with every box checked 3 sold tonight. One guy has a G23 on order and already traded it in before he took delivery.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-20-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
^^^thats crazy!

Guess you guys have bigger water ways than us down here

I really need to find myself a sugar momma who divorced some big CEO lol
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-21-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
I second the sugar momma!!! For us working folks with kids that will never happen.