Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       06-05-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
All righ guys since it is starting to get hot out lets hear your best tips for teaching new people how to ride.
best tip for helping people get up
best tip for helping people learn to catch the wake

i have been out with a few new people and i feel like i just need another way to say something for people to get it or some better tips to help make it more enjoyable for them
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
I usually get them to sit on the deck,give them the handle and tell them to keep their arms straight and let me pull them up.Then i tell them it's the same behind the boat,just let the boat pull you up.Remember as long as your toes are a inch higher than your heels and you are leaning or squating backwards a little you will come out of the water.I then teach them body position and handle control.NEXT is how to ride switch and regular and cross the wakes both ways.Then we work on one wake jumps and inside outside wake jumps and finally wake to wake.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-05-2011, 9:01 PM Reply   
Robert I think they were talking about wakesurfing not wakeboarding.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-05-2011, 10:24 PM Reply   
This may help...

http://wake9.com/community/content.php?190
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-06-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
Anyone I've pulled up who has wake boarded has started easily. Those that have never been up on a wakeboard have a tough time getting started.
My 14 year old prefers to get up with her knees on the board and stands up as soon as the board is up. She's got great balance so maybe that's why it works for her. Me, I just get pulled up with my feet in place. Only trouble I have is when the driver starts too hard.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-06-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennish View Post
Robert I think they were talking about wakesurfing not wakeboarding.
YOUR RIGHT!I was wondering what catch the wake was?I do surf ,but just started.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-06-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
order a Nubbin from RagBoy at Wake9.com, helps tremendously
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-06-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, once you pull people up from the side of the boat, instead of the center, you realize how much easier it is for the newer rider. Also great for any rider, because the rope stays on the side of the boat, which is very nice. Don't have to keep throwing it out.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-06-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
Ragboy, can you please post the order info for the nubbin. I had trouble finding it on your website. Txs.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-06-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSqueakyWheel View Post
Ragboy, can you please post the order info for the nubbin. I had trouble finding it on your website. Txs.
http://wake9.com/products/wakesurf-tower-mount/
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-06-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
thats it, or http://wake9.com/nubbin
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
It's all in the hips. Front to back and side to side. small movements as response is delayed a bit.

I always have a hard time teaching new people as I just stuff the board under might feet once the line is tight. I can also "pro start" like a wakeboard where you are all ready standing straight up with the board under your feet.