Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-23-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Ok, fourth trip wakesurfing this summer... The wake is definintly getting better, but still no where near clean.. Is this the best this boat going to do on the port side?

1996 Super Sport Nautique (Super Air)

750 in the port locker
450 in back port corner
450 across back seat
850 in the nose
3 people
Perfect Pass set between 9.8mph and 10mph
Attached Images

Last edited by bkey79; 08-23-2010 at 8:35 AM.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       08-23-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Have you tried less in the bow and going 10.5-11.0mph via gps?
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-23-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Had less in the bow earlier that day, rooster tail was bigger crashing out the wake more... 10.5 gets a little too fast, seems like I don't have much push on the wake. The wake goes up, but not out very well, so best was 9.8 to 10mph.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       08-23-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I guess you are f@cked then...lol.

J/K, someone with that boat dialed in will have to chime in.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       08-23-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
do you have the hydraulic wake gate that moves up and down?
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-23-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
I guess you are f@cked then...lol.

J/K, someone with that boat dialed in will have to chime in.
Haha, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWheelhouse View Post
do you have the hydraulic wake gate that moves up and down?
Nope...

I'm thinking I need to take the 450 bag off the stern seat and putting it on the observers seat... Also thinking of filling up the starboard side partially, trying to sink the prop a little more.. Anyone think that might work?
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       08-23-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkey79 View Post
....10.5 gets a little too fast, seems like I don't have much push on the wake. ....
Even though it feels or looks fast did it clean up the wave?
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-23-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
You have a RH prop. Port side will be more difficult to clean up. One thing I try is I hold on to the rope and cut hard out away from the boat. Watch the wake. If the extra lean cleans up the wake then move the weight more to the outside edge to duplicate the lean. Here is what I would try next.
750 in locker
850 in back corner and probably on seat
450 in bow on the side you are surfing
No weight on back seat.

My wake looks like yours if I have any weight on the other side.

I have found leaning the boat is more important than sinking the whole back of the boat.

I have read that some CC suffer if you use too much weight.
Old     (green210)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-23-2010, 11:13 PM Reply   
Go on planet nautique, you will find your anwsers there. Sadly i can not help you because we tried once on our old 210 with factory ballast, failed and got an 08 210 which has an amazing wake. Its not going to be as big as a centurion wake or tige or sanger but it is still pretty big, i have a couple pictures of it fully loaded out.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
How deep? Deeper the better. I like between 12-15ft deep.
Old     (GastonSurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-30-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
If memory serves me right, your hull is the same as my 2003 SAN, so I'll chime in here. I surf regular as well and unfortunately the port side is tough on these boats. I've done a lot of trial and error and what works for me is about a 60% of the weight in the rear and 40% up front. I have a 750 lbs Fat Sac in the rear locker, and I'm fortunate to have a large group that likes to ride. I just spread the passengers all along the port side and adjust until we get a decent wake to form.

As someone else may have said, the lean seems to be the critical thing in forming a good wake with these boats. Since I drive 99.9% of the time anyway, I stand up and move towards the port side as much as I can. You can definitely load these hulls with too much weight. Also, make sure you are riding in at least 15-20 feet of water. Shallow water kills the wake height.

Also play around with the speed. Every time we ride, we spend the first 10-15 minutes figuring out the weight and where to move passengers, as well as the correct speed. We run anywhere from 9.8 to 10.5 on a typical day.

This weekend I took some friends from out-of-town out on my boat since they all ride goofy. We had a ridiculous starboard wake yesterday. 750 lbs Fatty in the trunk and (8) people including myself and the rider. Once I get the rider up, I sit up on the gunwale over the throttle and it helps give the boat an extra lean. Again, these hulls really like the lean.

Be patient and stay at it. You'll figure it out.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-30-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the replies... I'm gonna switch it up a little.

Next try will be:

Integrated:
750# port full
1000# front half full

Extra manual fill:
450# port side middle of the boat
450# port side front
350# ski locker
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-02-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
I dont know if you are on the planet nautique website, but there are several posts about this on that site. I have some good pics of a clean wake behind my 2002 SAN (same hull as yours) and the weight that I used.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       09-03-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
Thanks, I am on PN also.. Been watching more than posting over there..
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-03-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Just looking at the wake, and I'm not a great expert, I think you need to make the boat list more to port and speed up. You have a lot of weight to be going less than 10, but every hull is different. Have one of your passengers hang off the tower to see if the list helps.