Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (nbush)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-19-2008, 2:15 AM Reply   
Boat: Tige Z1

We went out on the boat with about 5 people not including the surfer... We messed around with moving people around.

We tried our best to surf the wave.. had some time with slight rope slack.. we just arent getting it.. i got it slightly sometimes..but it was snappy.. it wasnt enough to freeride for long..
does it help if ur toes are more towards the edge?

We messed all around with speeds and the Taps settings. Whats a good recommended start?

We experimented with some weight in the corner of the boat. It wasn't extremely much. About 250 lbs?
Whats a good weight to use to create the best wake? Do we need to add more weight?

Any help would be appreciated.

(Message edited by nbush on June 19, 2008)
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Don't know specifics on the Tige, but every boat needs more weight to get a good wake. Often you can get a wave that is rideable with stock ballast and people but its only going to be rideable by experienced riders. I use at least 1500 lbs of weight and everybody on the boat on the same side to get a great wake. Some use more weight, some use less. If you know someone who wakesurfs, bring them along and let them show you. It may save you a lot of time and gas as you're learning.
Old     (nbush)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-23-2008, 12:36 AM Reply   
well we now have tried more weight and it seems to get better.. we are really just trying to figure it out now.
but i know we arent close to 1500lbs yet...
we have a
Fly High Pro X Series Mastercraft X2 Rear Sac in the very back corner... and like 350 lbs in the side ski locker.. and messing with weight around the front..

we can free ride now for sure. just not perfected.

(Message edited by nbush on June 23, 2008)
Old     (dogbert)      Join Date: May 2006       06-23-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
What speed are you riding at? I've found that if we slowed things down, we got our wake pretty big. Currently we're surfing between 9-9.5 Mph depending on the rider. We usually have about 700-1000 lbs total on that side. The wake does go tubular when we take it to 1200-1300 lbs on that side.
Old     (nbush)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-27-2008, 1:29 AM Reply   
anywhere from 9-11.5
Old     (surf_elf)      Join Date: May 2008       06-28-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Are your passengers sitting on the lockers or in the seats. How long is the board you are riding. If it is short if find it hard to teach a new rider . I even find days when my wake with 1200lbs in one corner is hard with my 4ft 6 liquid force so I use my 5ft 6 broad cast. Good luck .
Old     (nbush)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-29-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
well we have messed with weight and have a 455+lb in the rear corner.. and a 455+ in the ski locker. we have two 150lbs we move around or put up front. definately surfable.. still trying to mess with wave length and size.
we went out with a bunch of people. the wake was tall. but not really long.. we had a bunch of front weight too.

we have an obrien 5.0 and a hyperlite 5 6 broadcast. the hyperlite is definately easier