Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    telly707            07-15-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
I am trying to buy my first wakeboarding boat and need some advice. I have come across a 97 Supreme w/ 129 hrs, immaculate condition, upgraded engine but it has no tower, racks or upgraded stereo. I really like the supremes because they are a little deeper and I've heard ride better in chop, maybe better for a family? They are asking $24,000 which is almost $6000 more than NADA. The guy told me that most ski boats sell for $4000 or more over NADA average price. Is this true? Does this sounds like a decent deal or a sucker deal? Any advice appreciated!! Many Thanks!!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
I call BS on 4000 over nada. 24K wouldn't be bad with a tower. Far from a great deal, for that boat.
Old    telly707            07-15-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
Thank you so much for your input, its hard to know what to do when you are a beginner. I can't wait to find a boat and get out on the lake!
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-15-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Good luck with your search. Just dont let your eagerness cloud your judgment regarding price and obviously dont let a seller know how eager you are.

I would also be wary of a 9 year old boat with only 129 hours. A boat sitting idle for long periods of time can be just as bad or worse than being used. My parents bought our boat new in '92, and it had only 26hrs on it when i started using it in '97. It took me several years to work all the kinks out of it. Even now it would be considered low hrs with 296hrs.

Regardless, i'd have a mechanic check out any boat you're seriously considering purhcasing. $100-150 for a checkup isn't much considering the amount of the investment you're making.

DKJ
Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-15-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
I just bought a '97 V210 Ski Supreme Medalist this summer. I paid $18.5K for it with tower but no stereo system. It was in cherry condition too.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
I'd hold of on that one. It's priced high. There's one locally here for 27K, and it's a low hour 2000 with a tower, black scorpion MPI, and other extras.

I won't start on why I wouldn't want one.