Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-10-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if the diywake.com tower mirror arm fits a proflight tower on a sanger? Please post pics if possible.
Old     (luckyj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
im sure you just need to tell them the pipe size of your tower, probably 1&7/8(1.5 sch40 pipe)
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-10-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have heard that the diywake.com tower mirror arm doesn't line up properly. I know it will fit around the tower, but was curious if it will align properly.
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
im not sure what you mean by line up, just ask them to tell you if it has any problems, they are all very basic in design.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-17-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
It doesn't work on ours.
We have a proflight tower, on a Centurion Enzo. The arm will not align straight with the windshield. It would probably work, but I can't stand looking at it "off". Like a picture hanging crooked on the wall.
No real suggestions or offer to take it back from the company, either.
Too bad, but I'm sure they work great on other tower brands, just not ours.
Looks like the Dbot5 will be our next try. We looked at them at Expo and were very impressed with the whole line. Check them out.
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
Lauri,

If you are having any problems with any of our product all you have to do is email or call us and if we can not fix the problem we will gladly take it back but we can not do any thing if we do not hear from you or could it be that you work for the competition. Call me if you need to return that mirror arm. 916-337-1324
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Gabe,
I did email, and no, I don't work for the competition, I was simply pointing out that I had found an alternative.
Check your PM.
Thanks,
Lauri
Old     (pyramid_1)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-22-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Lauri,

Are you sure you are not mistaking us with precision metal works because i have no purchase made by you and i went onto precisions ebay store and noticed that you made an offer on one of there mirror brackets. If you are sure that it was us tell me the date that you purchased it and i will take care of the problem.

Thanks,
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Now that is entirely possible.
Looking at the pictures, they look exactly the same.
here is the diywake:
Upload
here is pmm:
Upload
I apologize for getting you confused with someone else. Now, since they are incredibly similar, do you have any suggestions to make it square up?
}
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
hey Lauri, i bet it would help a little if you could post a pic of it on your tower, showing the angle you dont like. to me it should work, it maybe that your tower just wont let it be in the right spot, but this arm works like 90% of all arms. The guys at diy seem to want to help, post that pic if you can and i bet one of us can come up with a suggestion, but you have a good arm, and it should work, just my 2 cents,lol.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Lucky Devil,
Unfortunately, the tower is off the boat, hanging in my garage right now. Probably won't be back on the boat for a couple of months.
I agree that it should work, but no matter what we tried, it just didn't line up with the windshield, so actually, it's sitting in a box and was never left on the tower. You can see a pic of our boat and the tower angle in my profile, if that might help.
Any suggestions would be helpful, or if anyone here has one of these on a ProFlight tower, tell me how you squared it up, please!
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
Lauri,
are you trying to mount it right above the knob where the tower comes apart? so that would be the top half of the tower??
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Yes, I believe that is where we were trying to mount it.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Why don't you mount it on the crossbar and have it sit behind the windshield slightly?
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
well i bet it is running down, is that correct? if so its because your tower tappers in as it goes up, so that spot you are wanting it is at an angle, and its also semi vertical, so when the arm is mounted it only swings from the front of the boat to the rear, not up and down like you need it to. Have you thought about putting it on the lower part that is mounted to the boat, near the knob the pipe has a bend in it towards the front of the boat, if you can clamp it on there you will be able to swing it up or down to make it level(or where you like it). Im not sure if that makes any diff, its only how i see it might work. I do work for an accessory company but im not knocking diy at all, because it should work on most towers. let me know,thanks
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
CAR, I could try that, but would probably need different clamps.
Lucky Devil, you are absolutely correct. I need it to go up/down not front/back. We'll give that spot a try, although I am almost positive hubby and son tried that, but, they were pretty frustrated at that point.
I'm going to have to get some new screws for it because I think they ended up stripped out.
I sure wish I could work on this now, but, as I said, the tower is off the boat, hanging upside down from the garage rafters right now!
If there is a good day (good, as in temps above 30!), maybe we'll pull it out and give it a try. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait a bit and see.
Thanks for all your help, I really do appreciate it.
Please understand that I wasn't knocking DIY or anyone else, either, just stating what my experience has been. I believe it's a well made product (whoever made it ) and it really SHOULD work!
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
sounds like a good idea, the bolts should be a couple of 1/4-20 socket head cap screws, maybe diy can jump in and help here, i hope the clamp its self is not messed up if you need a custom clamp made, because of the bend in the pipe, it will change shape a little and you might need a clamp that is a little bigger, not the next size clamp because that might be to big. i can make one for you that will work on your arm, so keep this site in you records for later this year. www.luckydevildesigns.com

But lets hope it goes on perfect, and this problem should be solved, and we didnt have to contact the MythBusters

keep us informed