Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Topshelfbv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-03-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
I am planning on buying 2 pair of pro80 tower speakers and I also have a skylon tower light bar coming. I would like to mount the speakers on the inside side of my tower. Are they able to be mounted that way or will it stress them to much?
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-03-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
What do you mean by inside of your tower?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-05-2012, 10:46 PM Reply   
Do you have a skylon tower. Are you asking if they can be mounted down along the vertical sides of the tower? If so I can say I have seen it done before. Check out the new MB sports boats that come with the WS double up system factory installed. The 60's are mounted along the outside edges of the top bar and the 80's are mounted sideways along the vertical side bars. Have not heard any stories yet of problems but I know those 80's are heavy. Seems like the would see some pretty high stress if you hit a roller too hard
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-06-2012, 4:31 AM Reply   
Malibu and Tige mount them that way, I dont see why it would be any different on a tube tower. You'll probably need the swivel mounts to aim them.