Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-18-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
OK so it was STUPIDLY windy in Calgary, Alberta and my baby vlx's tarp AND cover blew off. I cannot believe it. So now there is tons of snow actaully inside the boat. What should i do becides the obvious (get as much snow out as possible) its supposed to stay below 0 for the next week so nothing will be melting. Im super worried about mold and all that crap! Let me know what you guys think i should do! Thanks boys!
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-18-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
I dont have too much experience with snow (I live in Tucson, AZ and its 75 out right now. But I would take as much out by hand as I could and then try blowing the rest out with a yard leaf blower or something and then find someones garage that I could leave it in for a week to let it dry out.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-18-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
That happened to me a couple of years ago and I used a shop vac. It had to be emptied out quite a bit but it cleaned it out great. First we did use a plastic dust pan to clean out the majority. That really sucks, good luck!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-18-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
......well you wont have any trouble with mold as long as it is below 0, but yeah remove as much as you can. water in the boat is normal so when stuff does start to melt.....take your cover off on any nice sunny days and let it air out...other than that I dont think you need to worry too much.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
Shop vac and a couple damp rid canisters when you cover it back up. You can get Damp rid canisters at the grocery store
Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-18-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
yeah man that wind was crazy the other night would a hair dryer work at all to melt and dry up the snow? might be a dumb idea but what the hell
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       01-18-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
That wind in calgary was crazy. I have never seen wind like that. Just use your hands to get the most of it, then use a shop vac and then use a towel to wipe it down. When the weather gets better, go back in the boat and wipe it down again.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       01-18-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Find a heated garage and leave dry for a week, or clean out the snow now and remove cover when get your next chinook, as long as it's below zero no worries about mold. Good luck!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-18-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
I'ts snowing in Texas today too.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-18-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Cale, you don't have to worry about mold much in Alberta because it's really dry almost all the time. A chinook will blow in and melt everything soon. When it does take the cover off again and open it up. Before it does, it's too cold to get mold. When it gets really cold the absolute humidity is extremely low and that helps dry it too.