Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-26-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
The Wakeboard club at my school rides behind a 01 Wakesetter, (21'') and they have never really weighted it down. I brought up all my sacs, 2 550s, 2 440s, &350 locker sac. The boat only has 250 mid ballast and wedge. The owner set up his batteries in the port engine locker, not sure why, so you cannot put a sac in there. Anyone have any experience with this boat and have any ideas how to weight it without being able to use the back lockers very much? The owner said he has some sand bags, so I was thinking about loading up the port locker with as much sand weight as I could so I can put a sac in the other side. Then 550 in bow, and on floor possibly? Not sure if this boat likes back or front weight. Thanks in advance!
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-26-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
The factory puts that battery in that compartment. I had a 2000 Wakesetter with the same issues. We just put a 600 on top of the battery and it worked well, even if it is a little weird looking. If he has more than one battery then there will be issues.

We weighted it with:
- 2 600s in the back compartments
- 250 lbs of lead under the seats in the middle
- a 600 in the ski locker (will not fill up all the way)
- 2 275s under the front seats (will not fill up all the way, but it works well)
- If there were no people in the boat we would put another 600 on the ski locker, but it is not mandatory.

Have fun.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-26-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
There are 2 batteries, so it makes it kind of tricky. but I just found out he also has a 150lb block sac that would fit in there, and maybe with that, weight of batteries and a couple hundred lbs of sand (I thnk he has 5 60lb bags) I could equal it out with a 440 sac. But thanks for the info!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
Depends what your goals are with the wake. IMHO this setup works pretty well (not using wedge btw)...

750's each rear compartment - likely about 600 as they cannot fully expand in the v-drive lockers
250-ish center sac - locker
1k bow sac
1k lead.
80-ish feet...25-27 mph.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
More weight in front = rampy FIRM wake. More weight in back = steeper wake. Wedge = lippy, more vert wake.

I'm beginnerish and I like mid tank (mine might be bigger -- I think 500?) full and 400 in the bow. Wake looks like this with that setup (no wedge and rear empty):

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-27-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
Well I just got off the water. Water temp was 48 degrees, and air 46! It was a little chilly here in Wisconsin. Ended up running the wedge, 400 lbs of sand in back, 550 sac on the floor in back, 350 running the length of the floor from the bow back, and about 400lb sac in the bow. Could use more weight in the back, but it was actually a great wake! Thanks for the info guys.