Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bobby_hottub)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-28-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
Looking for some info about Hydrodyne boats. Specifically, 1995 Hydrodyne Comp XP, PCM GT40 with about 170ish hours. Has a tower and board racks with a decent sound system. Looks to be very clean and well-kept. Does anyone out there have any experience with a boat like this. I am sure the ski wake is great. How is the wakeboard wake when weighted properly? I have a nephew in Kansas who is interested in buying one. Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
I grew up near the Marina in Kansas that carried Hydrodyne, and skied/rode behind them throughout the 90's. Solid boat, similar to a MC Prostar, but with the CC engine. That Engine will be fantastic, hull will be solid and strong, and the wake is a very versatile one, decent slalom, good shape for wakeboarding just have to weight it down. No one ever had major issues or repeating problems with their Hydrodynes
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
I use to have one.... it was a 94' Legacy.... AWESOME BOAT!

It was bulletproof
Had a great wake with 1000lbs in the back 600lbs in the front --- just HUGE for a direct drive

I would buy another one in a second if we didn't upgrade to a v-drive
Old     (l_b)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-29-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
I rode behind a '95 grand sport with about 1800lbs in it for a summer and the wake was huge and shaped like a nautique.

Not the same model as what your looking at, but with the GT40 should be a solid boat.
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-29-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
I have a 95 grand sport it is awesome. we put a auto ballast system in w/ 4 bags 1800#s the wake is huge for wakeboarding & pretty good for surfing.

Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-29-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
forgot one

Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
They're built like tanks, PCM engine, great boat. Not a great ski wake, they are so heavy. You can get an awesome wakeboard wake out of it. Go for it.
Old     (bobby_hottub)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-30-2010, 2:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the great responses. Sounds like a great boat. The guy is asking $12,500 for it - what would be a fair price?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
Original hours? That is super low hours. That price seems about right, could prob drop it up to $2K at the most
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-30-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
mine has 300 hours and the first 17k gets it. has 4 bag auto ballast bimini tower lights custom cover, pp,tower wake and surf racks, and stereo
Old     (bobby_hottub)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-03-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. He ended up buying a 1994 Grand Sport. Boat runs great and looks really good. I forgot how peppy direct drive boats are! So much hole shot. The dealer is installing a tower for him and giving it a good detail before sending it out. I look forward to skiing behind it. I miss a good ski wake. Hope all of you have a happy and safe 4th.