Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    i_wanna_ride            04-29-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Ive been trying to find some florida(tampa) contacts. holla
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-01-2006, 5:36 AM Reply   
Come on up to Lake Weir on the Fridays and the weekend. About an hour from you.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-01-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
Hey Dave, I'm new to the area and riding about 3-4 days a week right now. Because of the lack of contacts in the area, it's been hard to find pulls. I have been hitting up Lake Weir on Fridays with Ted, if you want to carpool let me know. Usually really good water and it's a good time, definitely worth the ride up.

I have also been going to Orlando and Winter Haven during the week to ride with various people. I have a friend who sometimes rides Tarpon, but he is going to be leaving town soon. There is a competition on Saturday at Tower Lake, which will probably be a good place to meet some people. Check out www.blisssports.com for more information. Any other questions let me know. Good luck finding a pull in Tampa!

(Message edited by bflat53212 on May 01, 2006)
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-01-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
You going to the comp on Sat Steve? I have ridin in a couple of them at Tower Lake. Usually a great time.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-01-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Come to think of it, my boat was the Land O Lakes Marine tow boat for at least one of the 2004 comps at Tower Lake.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-02-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
Yeah Ted, I should be there, but I was wrong, it's on Sunday, the 7th.

(Message edited by bflat53212 on May 02, 2006)
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-04-2006, 4:48 AM Reply   
Hey there... somehow I missed this thread. I think that one of the reasons why you don't get many active requests for pulls in the tampa/orlando area is because a lot of us live on private lakes and go almost every day. There are a few guys I'm aware of that go out on the intercoastal or lake tarpon. Most of our "sets" are spontaneous and aren't planned more than 30 minutes in advance. If you want a pull in Brandon, drop me a line and I'll be happy to give you a pull sometime.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hey Scott, yeah I figured as much. I figured with riding year-round people have a pretty solid crew to ride with and not a lot of extra room. It's all good.
Old    cwbabsolute1080            05-04-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
I live it st. pete and I ride down here right off the intercostal... it is salt water but still usually glass... I actually lik the salt water more than freshwater... you seem to get a better pop and stuff isnt so sticky.....
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
William, aren't crashes just nasty? I get concussions from fresh water, can't imagine how bad it must be in salt water.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I think the salt rides are better. More buoyancy while waiting for the pull. It truly does have a different feel - almost a little slicker than fresh. Crashes are the same, just some salt to go with your face plant.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-04-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
salt water just requires more weight to sink the boat, but it's how I learned. I personally prefer fresh over salt.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
Almost all of my rides in salt have been in the Florida Keys. I think that helps my favortism towards riding salt. Nothing cooler than being able to look down while you are riding and see the ocean floor. Not to mention popping off the board and doing some freediving in the middle of the day.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-08-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
Hey Steve how did that competition go? 11 of us piled in the burban and went out for drinks for Niki's birthday. Needless to say no one w/ exception of me and wife really wanted to go out. Saturday was a recover day, until another party that night in Brandon. Sunday was Busch Gardens day. We had a group of 15 people and all had a great time. I texted you kind of late to see if you wanted to go, wasn't sure if you got it or not. Sorry should have given you advanced notice. Later
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-08-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
Sorry wasn't very clear. Gone out for drinks Friday night and then wanted to wakeboard Saturday. Keep in contact w/ Niki about riding this summer. See ya when I get back Steve and take care Scott T.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
when you taking off man??
Old     (cc2001ryder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-08-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
I noticed that several of you ride on Tarpon. My wife and I get out as much as we can on Tarpon. She won't be out much this summer because she is due in December. If you guys need a third or would like a pull just let me know. I need a driver as well.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-08-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Thursday morning. Alright Giggity Giggity!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-08-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Jarrod, hey sorry I missed you yesterday. It would have been nice to see you before you left. Keep safe over there man and I'll see you when you get back.

cc2001ryder, I am always down for riding. I don't have a boat, but am a previous boat owner, so I understand respect and proper driving, etc. I also understand the price of gas, especially these days :-( Tuesday nights are the one bad day for me, but otherwise I am pretty open. You can shoot me an email at scubabflat@yahoo.com
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Giggity Goo. Lemme know if you wanna ride before then. I'm sure you've got a busy schedule, but thought I'd offer.
Old     (cc2001ryder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-09-2006, 4:51 AM Reply   
Sounds good Steve. I'll get in touch. We'll be out on Friday evening.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-09-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
Thanks very much for the offer Scott, but like you said got a lot to take care of before I go. If something free's up I'll call you Wednesday for an evening run or something.

Hey scubs, Eric moves to IL w/in the next couple weeks and poor lil Matthew started crying when he realized he wouldn't see me for a looooong time. To young to understand. Later all.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-09-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
Poor little Matthew. It's got to be tough. So how long is Eric supposed to be in IL, for good?
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-10-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
The whole fam, moves up there with him. I'm not sure how long they will be there. I'm already projected to move soon also. Take man and I'll see you when I get back. It's a Jack D. night. Later
Old    i_wanna_ride            05-12-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for some info... I'm itchin to ride, Good Looks