Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2005, 5:37 AM Reply   
Awesome interview! Only 14 and 11 and I don't think you could ask for better ambassadors to the sport. So humble and gracious at such a young age. Mom and Dad Valdez, I salute you for doing a great job raising your children. When you are done turning them into wakeboarding phenoms, perhaps you two could write a book on how to raise children

Jb
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-15-2005, 5:53 AM Reply   
Very Very Nice Interview!! We have had the pleasure of spending a little time at the WWA Nationals and Worlds with the Valdez family. The interview is a great reflection on a wonderful (and supportive) family with some great wakeboarders! Good luck this year and God Bless.

Tim
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
Let me also add that I am very impressed. Mom and Dad Valdez, Great Job! Since I am only starting the "kid journey" any tips you want to share, I'm all ears, cause from reading this article and reading your posts over the years, I see that you all have the parenting thing figured out.

Eddie and Jacob, keep that attitude and outlook and remember what your parents and God have done for you and you will go far.

PS, I loved the jab about driving double ups. It's always the drivers fault, that is what I keep telling everyone
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-15-2005, 7:23 AM Reply   
Man, talk about nice posts, thanks so much for your supportive words. Thanks so much to Dave and Josh for putting together such a great article. We so much appreciate the support,encouragement and kindness that we have come across in the sport of wakeboarding. We have made friends across the world that we would have never had without it. thanks again, hugs, robyn valdez
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
I am glad someone started this thread...I read the article last night, but didn't get into the forum area. What great kids for the age and all. Parenting is a big part, but those boys have been very receptive to the lessons they have been taught. That will be helpful later in life for sure.

On another note, Robyn, did MB do that "nose job" on the boat for you guys? I have the same problem and had never thought about that as a solution. Very creative!

Good luck at the tourney's boys!

Eric
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-15-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
Phil,when people remark on my kids and please bear in mind that we have four, I have to give all the glory to God. Henry and I are blessed to have four awesome kids, and I kid you not, it is all God. We have had them at church, (and on the water) since they were in utero.If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.How old are your kids?
Eric, yes, when the "powers that be" here in Canyon Lake 86'ed our boat, I asked John Cranny to just get us a 21 footer. He said "no, we want you to have the best wakeboarding boat" He made the connection with the guy to do it down in Corona. It did cost a bit, (like $4400.00!!) But it has a replaceable nose piece (re attaches with just 4 bolts) We never have even put the nose back on, it makes no difference in the wake and you can't even tell when you are driving in it.If you want the contact info for the "surgeon" let me know. hugs, thanks for the props! hugs, robyn

(Message edited by teamvaldez on July 15, 2005)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Four! Wow....any chance for more Valdez's on the water, or do they have their own specialties? I think there is some "luck" to getting kids that are easy to spend time around, and if I were you I'd be playin powerball, because they are very nice boys!

That's interesting about how that is done. Is the boat titled as it's normal length? I think that would blow the minds of the people in our POA! For $4400 it would be worth it too.

Eric
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Robyn,
You have got to be the coolest mom around. My parents never really got involved in any of my sports...especially the only one I care about...wake. Actually, I think my parents have only seen me ride once.

I think its great that you and Henry are all for it, and your kids are super cool.

God Bless,
Daniel
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-17-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
Thanks Daniel
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Last year my family had the plessure of having the Valdez boys stay with us. They are so grounded. That most likely comes from their parents, Henry & Robyn. I love those kids, they were great to have around. I hope to have them again. I just hope Jacob doesn't run into my screen door again (full blast). I could't afford to continue and replace it.