Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-10-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
On my other boards, they have continues rocker. My new board has a three stage.
It seems to me that the three stages are harder to handle in rough water.
Not sure if I am right, or am I being too picky.
My new board is a Hyperlite ERA147 (2.8 three stage rocker)
My old board was a 142 with 2.5 continues rocker

I would appreciate your thoughts on this, I would like to know what you prefer and why.
Thanks David
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
I like three stage. They seem to me that they have more pop off the wake.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-10-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
3 stage is my choice... You can't beat the pop. To me, I feel like less work is involved on a 3 stage, over a continous rocker.

-Blake
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-10-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
what about the new "blended" rocker?
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
yeah, im a 3 stage guy, when you are coming at the wake, and are at the same speed, the continous rocker just feels blah to me, like it just jumps regular, but w/ a 3 stage i feel like im going UP instead of just over the wake.
Old    wickedwake            07-10-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
I ride a subtle three stage...3.2"....LOVE it!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-11-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
I absolutely LOVE the new C3 Rocker from Liquid Force!!!!! I ride the Omega 135.....My last couple of boards have been the LF Fusion, Hyperlite Byerly, Hyperlite Parks......So I love 3 stage but the new C3 rocker has the boot of the 3 stage and the consistancy of the continous.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-12-2005, 5:11 AM Reply   
3 stage here and yes they are a little harder to ride in choppy water.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2005, 5:24 AM Reply   
3 stage
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-12-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
IMO countinous is better. I like the faster feel of the board. Also a more consistant pop. I don't like the slower ride of the 3-stage board. I just went to the Marius and it's fast. It is a hybid rocker they say.
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
I prefer the "red rocker", sammy hagar.

3 stage

trace
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
After riding 3-stage. It's hard to go back. I like the extra pop for wake to wake moves. I just seem to go bigger on a 3 stage.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
I agree. I would rather go up than out on my tricks. Except for raley stuff. I have a hard enough time not going into the flats with a 3-stage board.
Old    alanp            07-12-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
whatever the era is i like it. i used to swear by continuous but started to want a little more pop. i rode a ton of boards this spring; fish, transcend, my old bad ass, demented, byerly, parks, old belmont, omega and the era i liked the best. good pop and still felt alot like a continuous. give yours a little time and some good water
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-12-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Continuous....I'm uncool and Van Hagar sucked. Roth rocked it.

(Message edited by toolfan on July 12, 2005)
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-12-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Leo...newbie here...you just said that "you would rather go up than out" on your tricks...then you said "I have a hard time not going to the flats with the 3-stage board". Not trying to bust balls here, trying to get educated on boards, but I'm not following. Seems like on a continuous rocker you would have a hard time not going to the flats as it is suppose to take you out, not up.

So, can you easily go to the flats on a 3-stage board as well...or is it a lot harder to go to the flats with a 3-stage?

Thanks!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Im just saying that with my riding style I have a hard time going wake 2 wake even with a 3-stage board. For instance, on my rolls2revert and oa 3's I take a very short but hard cut at the wake, and no matter how high I ride up the wake I always go into the flats. I don't intend to. I have bad knees and would rather take them wake2wake. All im saying is that if im gonna go into the flats, I might as well take it straight up. I ride the platinum prodigy right now (3 inch 3-stage rocker) and think its the best board I have ridden so far.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-12-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
Leo...thanks for clearing up. Right now I ride a Double-Up Antidote 140cm continuous rocker and it doesn't feel like it has much of an explosive pop...but I'm just a beginner, so I should stay with it until I have down my fundamentals. Then I'd like to switch to a 3-stage.

Singe you have bad knees and are consistently going to the flats, have you thought about the Marius? Its suppose to have smooth landings...might save your knees!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-12-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
Byerly 3 stage
And the Era is a subtle 3 stage
~Tyler~
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
Haha Andrew, you must have missed my last thread I made. "smooth landings boards beside the marius?". Yea, thats why I upgraded from the ricky g 138 to the prodigy 140. The landings are so much better. And my knees aren't giving me trouble any more. A lot of it has to do if you land on both feet evenly.

That seems like a good board. I suggest you keep riding that for a while get a few inverts and spins. I have a double up nelso that I use on sliders and its really narrow. I dont know if all D-up boards are like that, but I don't like how narrow it is. I can't really tell you if the rocker isn't explosive, because I have been riding 3-stage for the past 3 years and don't remember how explosive continuous boards are. Good luck with your riding.
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
toolfan,I said Hagar, not van hagar. And don't be so hard on yourself.

trace
Old    ren            07-12-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
I prefer the ratty haired head banging spandex wearing d-cups a flashing beer bong a guzzling type myself.

But really, I prefer the 3-stage now that my edge is more consistent into the wake, but until I had my fundamentals down, I felt a little awkward on my LF Substance 136 with the aggressive 3-stage rocker.