Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    wakediva            11-17-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Just moved to Phoenix and don't know the area yet. We would like to find some fellow wakeboarders to hit the lakes with us on the weekends. We're looking for a third this weekend and someone who is interested in wakeboarding through the winter. We have a '03 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games edition.
Mike and Chelsea Hood
Cell# (503) 577-9588
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-17-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
contact steveaz at stevenbjenkins@cox.net. he doesn't post much on here, but i'm guessin' he still rides. he has a boat so maybe you guys can take turns taking your boats out.

also looking for pulls there are chris ramey (he runs www.wakepics.com) and his girlfriend, zee. contact them at chris@wakepics.com and zee@wakepics.com.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-18-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
Mike and Chelsea

I just moved here as well. I have met a number of great people and everyone wants to ride. I've been hitting up Bartlett on the weekends with the Udell brothers, both pro and they have a new 05 mastercraft.

The only thing i find odd is that everyone down here is in drysuits already and it's still 75 degrees? In my book that's trunk weather, but I'm from Seattle.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-18-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
Steven, after you've been here a couple of years you may be doing the same thing. You really get used to the 110 degree air and 85 degree water all summer. I met you this June with my son when you were here with the tour- the heat was taking the toll on you then. Last Friday we were at Pleasant before it started raining. The air was 72 and water was 59. I thought about it for a minute, then put on the drysuit- didn't even bother with the wetsuit. That's what living 52 years here will do to you. Or maybe it is just the age. I don't care any more what people think, just how I feel.

Chelsea, get involved with the AWA and you will meet a lot of great people that love the sport.

Old    aram            11-18-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
Oh come on Hahn, just because I pick you up and I've got a sweatshirt on and the heater blasting. 70 degrees never felt so cold! Just wait until your first summer of 110 degrees and your blood thins out. You'll go back to Seattle in a year and FREEZE.

Mike and Chelsea, we're still going out a couple times a week to Saguaro. The boat is in a slip so we just show up and go. Shoot me an email. aautry@ica-az.com
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-18-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
I have noticed that I'm getting colder and colder as of late. I keep telling myself, "I'm from the Northwest!" But I'm still freezing my arse off.
Old    teak            11-18-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
Hahn, Phoenix? Why the move from Seattle? Did you sell your house? Fill me in dawg.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-18-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
Whoa.... Teak sighting!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-18-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
whoa! teak? could that really be you????
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-18-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
Dude it was him, I spoke to him this afternoon.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-18-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I'm new school, never even heard of him.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-19-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
Mike and Chelsea,

I just arrived from Hawaii last night and staying in Gilbert until we find a house. Actually I pulled my boat (04 wakesetter VLX) from Long beach. I was going to post the same thing. What times are you going out this weekend? I would love to go, and I've got gas money!

Keith
briem2@aol.com
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-20-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
Steve Hahn,
Which boat have you been on? I saw some guys ripping on an X2 with no drysuits. We've been on my all white SSV or else a gray Nautique lately. Give me a wave.

Anybody riding tomorrow? I've got seats open, only 2 riders + 2 boat babes.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-20-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
We will be on Lake Bartlett tomorrow morning on a 05 orange x2. Ty and Ian Udell and me. See you on the lake!
Old     (stephaneeee)      Join Date: May 2002       11-20-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
Many thanks to Mike and Chelsea for the pull at Saguaro Lake today. Weather was nice, no wet or dry suits needed. Mike & Chelsea are great people. It was a real pleasure. Hope to go out with you guys again sometime soon. Maybe Barlett next time?

Gotta love Phoenix in the winter...
11/20/04

11/20/04
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-21-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Hey Steven, I am a friend of the Taylors (Lary and Gordy) if you wanna ride hit em up and get my # from them. I also heard you are a great photographer so when you come out mabey you could bring your camera. I ride at firebird lake.
Old    andrew_jellum            11-22-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
hey if any one ever has any extra room im set to ride when ever and will help with gas and anything needed give me a shout my email is waterkid361@hotmail.com thanks

Andrew