Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-04-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
anyone use the cwb ride?
how long is it?
Is it a good beginner board?
I weigh 180-185
small to medium wake, 07 MC X2
currently no ballast
What's the difference between shredd stixx and inland surfer?
Thanks guys
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-05-2007, 4:12 AM Reply   
I have a CWB Ride and love it. It is a great beginners board (and so is the Red Tide from Inland Surfer).
Old    surfdad            01-05-2007, 4:44 AM Reply   
The CWB ride is 5'3" LOA. The folks at CWB are now shipping the board with an instructional DVD, which is a nice touch.

There are considerable differences between the Shredd Stixx brand and the Inlamd Surfer Brand, I'll try and list as many of the manufacturing differences.

All of the Shredd Stixx models are of the same manufacture as a typical surfboard you could find along most beaches. I believe that Jerry still offers models in Poly Urethane, but like most manufacturers is switch over to EPS and epoxy after the close of Clark Blanks. Shred Stixx offers several models and then within those models several lengths can be ordered. In a nutshell you can get some semi-customization in virtually all of the models, or just buy a stock shape and size. All of the Shred Stixx are shaped here in the USA. Shred Stixx come with EVA traction attached to the deck, along with tip and tail protectors. I believe that all of the Shred Stixx models are Tri Fin's.

The Inland Surfer boards are unique in that they have what IS refers to as WoodLoc Process - laminated layers of wood under the epoxy.

All but the 4-skim model have recessed EVA foam making for a slightly thinner board, with the exception of the 4-skim, all of the IS boards are twin fin's. Only stock sizes are available in each model. The Blue and Red are best suited to entry level riders and both are 5'6" LOA.
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-06-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
thanks Ed and Jeff,
I got a CWB ride with the boat. When the weather warms up I think i'll start with that and see how it goes.
Jeff which board did you start with? Were you surfer that converted to wake surf?
I went to both shredd stixx and Inland surfer websites I see what you mean.
Old    surfdad            01-08-2007, 4:19 AM Reply   
Hey Vince,

We started on a 5'6" Shred Stixx, but I was unable to ride that and had to size up to a 5'8". Over the course of the next - maybe 18 months we got the boat dialed in and my skills became proficient and I routinely ride a board in the 4'5" range.

I never surfed before wakesurfing (and I have to have someone call out the wave is approaching now - my eyesight is so bad :-) ), but did skateboard as a kid and we've been snowboarding for - shoot 8 or so years. We also wakeboarded for a good 4 or so years before starting to wakesurf.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-18-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
I know it comes down to personal preference, but I could not stand my Ride, and sold it. I am a HUGE CWB fan, btw. I could not keep the nose from going under, and once it does, it is all over with. Others I ride with had the same issue with it. I have a couple other boards now (Phase-5 and Inland Surfer), and have plans on trying a few more this season (Walzer, etc). Always need another one in the arsenal. Just my experience.