Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-19-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
We have a VLX with built in tanks, and just bought some extra sacs to make a much bigger wake. Since screwing around with the pump takes a lot longer than just flipping the switch on the dash, I was wondering about leaving the sacs full on occasion. We have a Fat Boy (500 lbs) and two Fat Buddies (250 lb?). If I leave them full for a few weeks or a few months, are they going to get slimy inside? Does it matter?

PS the Boat is moored between April - October (our riding season).
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
We have two 550# Launch Pads that we only leave full over the weekend. Who cares if they get slimy on the inside. The only thing I worry about is putting excess stress on the seams when they are left full. But keep your fingers crossed, so far so good. We throw things on them too like boards and shoes and stuff and nothing has happened. (touch wood)
Old    wakeskirider            07-19-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Why not just add a cup of bleach or so whn you fill them.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
I would think that any corrosive agent would not be a good idea. Not sure though.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-19-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
Just get the same stuff you put in a waterbed to keep it from getting slimy. Put some of that in and forget about it. Waterbeds are full for years and they don't get slimy.

Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-19-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Bleach???? Bad Idea.. If they do leek with bleach in them think of what it would do to your carpet.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
Good point. But really, who cares if sacks get slimy anyhow? What I am more concerened about is the seams from leaving them full all the time.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
rip out those tanks.. and automate your bags...
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-19-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Use chlorine- pool type.......
it'll keep the water "clean" and not stain the carpet if it leaks
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-19-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
I wouldn't worry about it, just don't over fill it and fats sacs get huge when you over fill them so you should know if they are over full. I would keep my bilge on auto and check on them at lest once a day.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
I do, but as far as chlorine goes, I used to add that to my pool and if it splashes up, it dies ruin clothes the same as bleach does. I would imagine with the dilution that bleach/chlorine would not ruin carpet as it would be such a small amount to the ratio of water. Ah, let them get slimy, I dont really care.
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2005, 5:54 AM Reply   
p.s. Bleach = chlorine
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-20-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Ive kept a coverless HD fatboy full for as long as a month before, its on its 3rd year no leaks at all, who cares about slimy on the inside, what ya gotta worry about is the slime that may grow underneath it.... if you care about that stuff
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-21-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to keep those sacs full.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       07-21-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
do any of you leave sacks full with your boat up on a lift or on the trailer. i sometimes leave my sacks full with the boat up on the lift for a day or two. i am a little bit concerned about the extra stress on the hull as the boat is sitting up on the lift bunks with all that weight in it....anyone know from experience that this is a bad idea? i'm a little afraid to ask.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Use bildge cleaner or some vinegar in the sacs. That'll keep'em clean