Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    surf_da_wake            06-16-2005, 10:47 PM Reply   
does anyone know when the 2006 Hyperlite boards will be out? im dying to know what the graphics are gonna be like...Planning to get my first board...Absolutely stoked!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
If you are Absolute-ly stoked then you should be worried about the CWB boards garphics. Which for 2006, I can say are pretty damn sweet! Haha I'm funny, haha I'm sorry, haha no one likes me....
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-17-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Hey Stephen... Your roomates must have left for the summer. You seem to be doing a good job entertaining yourself lately. Ha, ha. Go ride or something.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
This is what I do at work, silly. Yes some of them have left but they will be back, i hope...helloo? No? okay bye.

Actually I have been riding. I won a tournament last weekend, which was cool. I hope to ride on Sunday & next weekend I am coaching at a youth camp in the Sierras & then the 4th & then off to ride with forementioned roommate at West Coast Camps. So Evan, when can I come ride with you?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-17-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Do it up, man. Congrats on the tourney. I've been riding like garbage lately. Riding 2 times this month hasn't really helped that out. I've got one last wedding to go to this weekend and it's on. Took delivery of the X-2 on monday and just trying to get some hours on it so we can slam it. You're welcome to come up and ride with us anytime. Have fun at WCC.
Old    surf_da_wake            06-22-2005, 4:09 AM Reply   
hmmm i notice my original question has yet to be answered =p great to see so many riders pumpin' it! ive always wanted to try the Absolute but my stupid local dealer refuses to bring in anymore of it.
Old    drewsky24            06-22-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
They normally release next years line up at the end of summer to fall.
Old    drew_a6            06-22-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, I talked to eric ruck at the masters in callaway gardens, accually, about the 2006 hyperlite boards and he said not only were the graphics sweet, the new technology is gonna blow LF and CWB out of the water (literally.) ha, I made a funny. But, yeah man, im stoked.
Old    drewsky24            06-22-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
If the graphics ont the '06 hyperlites are going to be flippin sweet I am going to buy one for sure.
Old    swobee            06-22-2005, 10:35 PM Reply   
ummm... graphics add a nice touch and all but I'd rather buy a board based on how it rides, and therefore, how I look riding it rather than how 'flippin sweet' it looks sitting on the board rack. Then again, I do see plenty of brand new boards sitting on brand new boats that sit on the sandbar all day... yeeeah...
Old    surf_da_wake            06-23-2005, 1:02 AM Reply   
thks guys. so a good estimate would be oct/nov?
Old    drew_a6            06-23-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
hey swoboda,
Any hyperlite will out perform any LQ or CWB. And it just sounds like your jealous. If people have the money to buy what ever they want, let em. It shouldnt bother you.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-23-2005, 7:35 AM Reply   
hyperheavy is no where near what LF has......CWB has good stuff.....but come on.....the only board I like of Hyperlite is the Byerly....i did at one point own the 04 Byerly.
-Nate
Old    drew_a6            06-23-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
ha hyperheavy good one...LF is terrible dude! my first board was a trip, then a helix, then a team, then a subject. I didnt like any of them. The only reason i stuck w/ LF is bc my friend said they were the best. I finally tried the 03 byerly, loved it, parks, loved it, premier, good board. All if hyperlites technology is so much more advanced the LF. CWB arent bad boards. I like CWB. But hyperlite are the best boards for advanced riders.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
That's funny . How many CWB and LF boards have you ridden, Drew?

And what do you mean outperform? Boards are preference and riding style right?

Lighten up! Get a sense of humor, or beat it!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
Your friend said LF is the best. Now you're telling us HL is the best. Do you see the problem here?

You didn't LIKE any of them. That doesn't mean they aren't good boards.

How is HL tech more advanced?

(Message edited by jarrod on June 23, 2005)
Old    surf_da_wake            06-23-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
oh no. what have i started. haha =)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Good work Stacey. This is going to probably go on for at least a year or two. Thanks a lot!!!

Technology = all pretty much the same. There are only so many ways you can make a foam core & wrap it in fiberglass. Granted there are the balsa cores and those are different. The difference in foam core comes from the density of the foam , the glass & what stringer system they use (if any). Cut a Hyperlite & a CWB in half & guarantee there isn't much difference. Flame on!! See you in a year!!!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-23-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
take a deep breath in through your nose, now hold it for a second, let the breath out through your mouth slowly while thinking positive thoughts.....things will be alright there drew...........anyways, i have been a longtime hyperlite rider, including the following:

1998 Murray
2000 Limited Byerly 137
2001 Premier
2003 Parks 138
2004 Byerly 132

And i don't really have anything bad to say about them as they gave me many good rides. However, ever since the Honeycomb concept was discontinued, Liquid Force definitely stands in a class of its own for having nice light weight boards. I actually went from the 2004 Byerly to 2003 Fusion which is bases off the helix shape. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! My riding has improved a lot since i moved over to Liquid Force!!! I am glad you like Hyperlite and if thats what makes you get your rocks off then thats cool with me!!! Stoke it up bro!!!
-Nate
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-23-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
They are all good boards,otherwise they wouldn't be selling.Tho every rider is different and is gonna like different things.I noticed that people that don't know much or a novice to the sport tend to like hyperlite because it is out there the most,doesn't mean they are poser boards or that they are the pro's boards,just that they are more available to the public for the lack of a better word.
I also believe it's a trend thing.3 years ago HL was trendy,now CWB is a little trendy but for a good reason...pretty solid riding boards!

Tho seems like I'm gonna be rockin a LF for a little bit.(ok alot a bit)
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
theres not really a hyperlite board i like, i have no problem w/ them but i dont like the murry design board, the parks is just crazy, the premeir i could probably ride, i had an 03 that was pretty good board.

i like the LF Substance, the CWB's are nice, i want to ride a couple other boards but havent.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Constructive Criticism - To say you don't like a specific board is worthless data. To give a reason why you don't like a board puts things in perspective. Example: I'm not a huge fan of the premier because it rides low in the water and its landings are harder then I like.

Back on topic.
Stacey, from your other posts I assume your getting the 3DS. I don't know about 2006 graphics, but historically the TFD graphis have been real clean and conservative. I'm getting my 3DS DNA on Friday... Can't wait.

Drew - I'd be somewhat surprised if HL had a bunch of new board designs for 2006. Hyperlite boards real solid right now. It would be sweet if they improved on their current models by making them lighter and stiffer. However, its gonna take a little innovation to catch up to LF on bindings. The Transits and Team bindings are sick. I currently ride parks bindings but I'm looking to upgrade real soon. My only problem with the LF bindings is the lack of forward lean.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-23-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Thats it I am getting a Hyperlite Parks board and Parks bindings, with the Parks vest. I just hope it fits my riding style...oh well..at least I will have the best gear. And did I mention its Hyperlite..they are the best!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-23-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
You will have the maddest setup around yo!

The Parks bindings really pop hard...yo. Coupled with the vest and medallion (ala J-rod style), you will be sure to nail that hs w2w jump you have been working on all summer.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
"The Parks bindings really pop hard"

hahah
Old    swobee            06-23-2005, 11:18 PM Reply   
Wow, Drew. You sure called me on that one! Breathe buddy.

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-24-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
toolfan ~ hahahahaha
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
If you're core you'll be sporting all OTE or Hydroslide gear this year. I hear their new stuff is hot.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
OTE ROCKS!!!!!!
Old    surf_da_wake            06-25-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
dun u think when it comes down to it... all boards are actully pretty much the same?!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-25-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
NO!
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-25-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
guido, your joking right? I see a lot of hydroslide stuff on the internet and on ebay and such, and it looks all nice, but I hear that their quality is worthless, and that you shoudl never buy that stuff. Oh, and whats OTE?
Old    drewsky24            06-25-2005, 11:16 PM Reply   
He was joking.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-27-2005, 6:39 AM Reply   
gtaussie15, look in wakeboard magazine and you shall find the OTE!!!!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-27-2005, 6:39 AM Reply   
and yes i was joking about how OTE Rocks
Old    supermangan            06-27-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
hydroslide represent, just like a front orange vest and floaties.heavy ass boards.

i ride hyperlite, but i like stuff from all the companies. but hydroslides are fun to do stupid stuff on. dock starting off of lake sheds and stuff.

oh and why are u caring about the graphics of the 06's, when your in the water all that matters is performance, and it being your first board, your probably going to not get a higher end hyperlite, and if you are you have too much money.

but a 3ds would be a high end begginer board.

later.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
Most pro-model boards aren't considered beginner boards; however, I would always recommend a beginner to get the best board they can afford. Pro model boards ride better for beginners and advanced riders with the exception of a few models such as the Parks. Begginer boards are typically considered begginer because of their price. Most low cost boards are pro-model boards from 3 or 4 years ago.

Graphics might not matter on the water but most everyone wants their board to look somewhat cool. With wakeboards being very similar in technology and performance, I definatley think graphics make a reasonable deciding factor when purchasing a new board.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-27-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
Root ~ You could not be serious...RIGHT???
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-27-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
Beating up the other kids for their lunch money, gonna buy me one of them Moose boards. Moose bindings really pop hard. Then I'm gonna BBQ me a nice fat squirrel...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-27-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
socalwakepunk- are you gonna bbq you some squirrel before or after you go down to da van and sniff some paint?
Old    wickedwake            06-27-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
My Transit's pop harder than your Parks...
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-27-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
I hope they have some Parks fat sacs or a Parks lake that has water that pops harder. That would be cool.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-28-2005, 5:50 AM Reply   
Big Ed - Yes, I'm serious. By your reaction I think I may have been misunderstood. What did I say that doesn't sound accurate to you?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
OH MY GOD!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE BROUGHT UP THE MOOSE BOARD!!!! HOW FUNNY!!!!! SPEAKING OF WHICH, WHERE IS MOOSE THESE DAYS? LMAO!!!!!
-Nate
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-29-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
please dont summon the beast
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-29-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
Wow! You're excited for the '06 graphics. IMO HL has produced the most consistently crappy graphics of all the board makers. I like how HL rides for sure, but their graphics leave a lot to be desired.

As for the comment of who cares how it looks, man, I'm so sick of hearing that. So you want me to lay down $300+ for something I don't like how it looks?

"Ya but all that matters is how well it rides."

That's crap! Then I'm guessing you date fugly girls who can put out real well? your car looks like garbage but drives fine? your clothes are all fully functional from thrift stores?

I'll buy a board if it rides best for me but I'm not going to be happy if they put stupid poorly drawn robot dudes *cough-Parks-cough* on the board. Fortunately you can change the graphics.
Old    surf_da_wake            07-02-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
wtg joshua. in this day and time asthetics play a tremendous role in every part of our lives. And yes, i do want a board that rides well and one that everyone drools over too.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
yeah you definitely gotta look good when riding!!!