Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (exposuremx)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-15-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Found an '03 Malibu Wakesetter that has little use over the last few years but is in excellent cond. Winterized and stored every winter with minimal hours.

I called the dealer where it was sold new and they said it is an 03 21' XTi...I only see 23' XTi's listed but maybe they made a 21' XTi as well as the VLX? Perhaps he just goofed and it is 23'...

Anyhow, he said the boat was pretty basic, center ballast radio etc. and has the monsoon 335 engine but other than that it's pretty basic. Do you think it is worth $28K? I'm thinking I can find a lot more boat for the same money..but what do you guys think?

(Message edited by exposuremx on July 15, 2008)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-15-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
did you see that Sanger in the Classifieds for 32k? Also, someone just posted a 2006 or 2007 Tige 20v on my site for 29k. Personally, I'd keep looking.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-15-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
YUP!
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-15-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
I would doubt that it is worth it. Direct drive boats take a beating on resale unless they are true slalom boats.
Old     (deadger)      Join Date: May 2007       07-15-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
i would say that 28-G for an 03 XTi is a decent price depending on the hours and the overall condition of the boat & don't forget the add-on's such as trailer, type of tower, stereo set up, wedge, perfect pass etc that may or may not make that price a little more appealing.

depending on you level of riding, this boat might not be ideal choice...as it would not be the boat of choice for advanced riders.

Personally, I love my 03XTi.....especially when weighted correctly. We have even had comments that our wake was better and more fun than some of the 21 and 23ft V drives currently market ( Malibu / Nautique / Mastercraft excluded). It offers plenty of seating space = to that of a V Drive, handles great, and planes out very quickly.

Bottom line, the 21XTi is not your average direct drive boat, as those who have ridden behind one would attest to.

just my 2 cents....

other info:
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/VTD/2008/Malibu/index.html?manufacture=1&boat=2
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I have always liked the seating arrangement of the XTi's. I also like the simplicity of a Direct Drive drivetrain. Seems like it would make a nice crossover.
Old     (exposuremx)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-15-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
The boat has Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, Tube style tower, and power wedge. I spoke to the son today and he said it's been a great boat they just don't ride like they used to so it's more of a once in a while thing now... Still seems like there might be more avail out there.

thanks all.
Old     (twdugas)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-16-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Chris,

I can assure you and 03 Malibu does not have a power wedge. Its going to have the manual wedge. Not a big deal either way.