Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-26-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
I have a 2008 Hyperlite Pulse board, it has four of the detachable 1.1" A-wing fins on it. Each one attaches using two bolts. I would like to put on some smaller fins, but I haven't been able to find the .7" Hyperlite fins in stock anywhere, and they are listed for ~$20 each. I think $80+shipping for just some new fins is a bit excessive even if they were in stock.

Would these Liquid Force fins fit with the same hole pattern?
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/2118207

Thanks in advance.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-27-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
Nobody knows?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-27-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
I have some .7 s I can sell you if you want man
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-27-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Are you sure $20 isn't the price for a set of 'em? That would sound more reasonable. $80 for fins is ridiculous!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2011, 10:38 PM Reply   
I may be wrong but don't hyperlite fins use a smaller diameter of screw than most? if so the bolts of a liquid force fin might be pretty tight or even require expanding the holes?

Also Hyperlite fins are perfectly flat on the base. most other brands have a slight curve. when you mount LF fins to a hyperlite there will be a slight gap between the fin and the board except for the nose and butt of the fin. this shouldn't cause any problems though
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-28-2011, 3:58 AM Reply   
Just had a look round a couple websites and it is $20 per fin! Sounds like extortion from Hyperheavy. I remember a thread on here a while ago about some independent fin makers. Can't remember the name though, but I'd say if you did a search you'd find it pretty quickly.

Or alternatively, get a Ronix
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-28-2011, 6:52 AM Reply   
I use the slider fins that came with my Ronix ibex in place of the metal fins on my hyperlite and they work great.