Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    bobby_jon            11-28-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Me and my friend are trying to wakeboard behimd a paddle boat because we cant afford a real boat. We tried and tried but it just didnt work. We tried putting a 250 ound man in the paddle boat for ballast and blow dryers on the back for an extra boost. It didnt work. We sank and then the blow dryers exploded. What should i do in my situation?
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-28-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
Reading that post I would suggest you go hit a site that caters to children. Perhaps Fisher Price.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-28-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
You probably need a lower pitch prop so the boat will get out of the hole better.
Old    260searay            11-29-2005, 3:02 AM Reply   
Peddal a LOT faster!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-29-2005, 5:02 AM Reply   
You have now been cut off. Please step away from the drugs and alcohol.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2005, 6:41 AM Reply   
We wakeboard behind our paddle boat all the time. I suggest protein powder shakes and leg exercises.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
Heres what cha do son. Git you a good rope first off. Then yous need to jack up bobbys truck and takem the tire off. Make sure his old truck is nice and sterdy now and tie that dern rope round that axel good and snug. Next you take that rope and tie the other end to that old paddel boat there out in the middel of that pond.

Then yous gonna get on that there wakemabord behind that paddler and hang on like the dickens while bobby gives that old truck the onion and bam yous got yerself a dern wakemabord boat.

Anywho what in tarnation is a blowin dryer?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-29-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
That would make a awesome powerbar commercial
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-29-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
^ or redbull.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
well billy ray, if your having fun then great, otherwise you might want to stay the course and save them dollars to afford the new 2006 row-boat!
Row-boats today are far more advanced then those older-technology paddle boats. Hull shape, attachment points, seating, even cooler space on a row-boat, at least the newest versions, because you have to have the newest version of course, even cooler space is far better!!!

Don't weigh down the row-boat to much though, they handle like crap with any weight. Remember to cut a good size hole in the top of the milk jug, but not so much you lose the handle, so that you maximize your bilge pumping.

Remember to excersise the dog a lot, Perfect Pass ain't got nothin on a Coon-Dog that runs along side the lake while your paddling that row-boat back and forth. Coon-Dogs navigate using celsetial vibes, and visual reference points, so make sure he gets lots o'sleep the night before and be sure to place that fake-a-rabbit at each end of the lake!

Fat sacs ain't got nothin on a couple of 30-paks and some old soggy bait from last weeks fishing trip, but again remember that if you weight that row-boat, it will handle like crap...it's your choice/arms!

Be sure to replace the batteries in that Emerson Boom-Box and crank the EQ all the way up on every Frequency...it sounds crappy in the boat, but when your 28 ft off the stern of that holy-row-boat, it sounds Wicked AhhhSum!

Don't forget to wax that Shapiro directional triple skeg board with the bungee wraps. (Aren't bungy wraps Da'Bomb...they're all the rage today) A good waxed board will cruise over the alge pools around the lake. Just don't let the dog eat or drink from the alge polls, makes his poop smell stinker than normal...

I'll write back some more when I get finished over here at the car wash...we got a rush going on right now!

Git Er Done Billy Ray!!!

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
bump!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-29-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
KG,
That is way to funny. And above all very informative. LOL
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-30-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
mount an outboard motor......or eats lots of beans and hang your arse off the stern
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-30-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Can I have my 2 minutes back, please?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-30-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
billybobrayjohn, you meenin to tell me that those hair driers thare didn't electrocution you when they thare exploided? man, uses lucky
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-30-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
Being from Oklahoma - I'm personally offended by this thread.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-30-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
The discovery channel mythbusters waterskied behind a rowing boat so there's no reason why you cant wakeboard behind a paddle boat.

Try harder.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       11-30-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
Pictures?
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-01-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
I think the problem herein lies with the blow drier. That is all wrong.

Gas Powered Leave Blowers seem to work really REALLY WELL. Speaking from experience, the hair driers are small and compact, but we would run out of extension cord after about 75 feet, just before the riders first cut at the wake.

And I suggest looking for a very thin rider, like perhaps the skinny Olson Twin.
Old    260searay            12-02-2005, 3:07 AM Reply   
Git Er Done!