Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-20-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
The wake pole question got me to thinking as I found myself fastforwarding some sections of Overdue and Pre-Pop last night. Who is the Hated riders on the pro circuit? There has to be a few out there that you just find your self saying "wish he would fall" or skip there sections of video's completely.

I would say mine would be Arron Reed, I definately don't take any of his skills away from the guy cause he has mad tallent. But I just do not like to watch his sections or his commentary.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Randall Harris. Just like your statement about Reed, he's got insane skills, but I think he's an idiot. But then again, I'm not down wif da wessssiiiiide.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
Gary, nothing personal buddy, and I mean no disrespect to you, but IMO there already is far too much negativity on these message boards without you stirring the pot like this.

This doesn't even fall under the category of constructive criticism, it serves no purpose other than to get people riled up, start more fights, and potentially cause people to feel hurt.

I really liked your other thread where we are asked to call acknowledge our favorite local. I agree Dykmans all the way! And of course the Schwann, but he's probably considered more full-on pro rider by now.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
Too late.

here we go...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-20-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
Eww...I think I'll stay away from this thread.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
scott, do you know harris personally?
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
This is a ridiculous thread, hate is just too strong. I think Aaron Reed is a goofball and I'm cool with that. The jackass in him makes me appreciate him more.

I don't think much of Parks personally but what is that based on? His interview presence and his dreads. Believe it or not this affects how I respond to his riding. Generally I always get a feeling that he is way overated. Sounds pretty judgemental and ridiculous, doesn't it?

Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
Nope, don't know him personally, but I have met/talked with him and I've been around him in various social surroundings (all on tour). I think (and have heard) that's he's matured a lot since then, but unfortunately you never get a second chance to make a first impression. If it's any consolation, I don't particularly care for Shane Bonifay either... same reasons.

NOW, upon reflection, I do believe that this thread should be deleted because it's not doing anything positive. Dave??
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Chase, it was so ridiculous that you couldn't resist taking the bait?

C'mon fellas... grow up.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-20-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
How's this for hating... I hate this thread!
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
Doctor

You must have a PhD or some obi wan jedi insight.

I've never been so bored at work as I am this afternoon so I'm gonna respond just to make it look like I'm typing some useful emails to clients.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-20-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
i hate thane dogg.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
I hate to say what that dude's hair makes me think of him.

Nice shorts Thane
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
That is the greatest mullet I've ever seen
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
Dude how did you get that pic of me!!!!!!!!!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-20-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
Doc;
I definately don't mean to stir the pot, which I think its already to late but I was looking for the same type of opinons as when the guys are talking about baseball teams and football teams. There are definately your favorites and your non favorites. Some guys on the circuit definately rub people the wrong way wether its personality or riding syle. Lots of people do not like Philip Soven because they say he dosn't bring his own style and copies guys like Harf.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
this thread wont be deleted unless it gets out of hand, but im boycotting, especially since ive only met one pro (erick ruck) and he was one of the chillest people I have ever met in or out of wakeboarding.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-20-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
If you haven't noticed wakeboarding is a fairly tight-knit community.. Most everyone knows each other one way or another unlike baseball, football, etc.

"Philip Soven because they say he dosn't bring his own style and copies guys like Harf." hahahahaha you need to get yourself a copy of Danny Turner's new video "Silly"... So he might copy a trick or two, but who doesn't? He's one of the few riders setting the bar and then one day people will say "so and so is coping soven" whatever..

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   

quote:

By mike murphy (mjmurphy53711) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 2:49 pm:

this thread wont be deleted unless it gets out of hand, but im boycotting,

not much of a boycott if you posted.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-20-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
I hate Joe Umali..... With a passion! He hates me too.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
umali, your a retard. end boycott.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Man...this brings back some SBB Memories!
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Coulnt resist Gary!
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   

Now Thats Funny

(Message edited by burbanized on October 20, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
mike, don't be mad, just 'cause i always point out the stupidity in your posts.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-21-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
PARKS!!!! I had the chance to meet him and he is a short who is full of himself...

Scott Byerly, Mike Weddington, and Adam Fields are super cool people....Byerly remembered me 2 years after i met him. I got to ride with Mike on Gaston and down in raleigh for quite a bit. Adam is a good friend of mine who really carries himself with a very polite and positive attitude.
-Nate

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on October 21, 2005)
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-21-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
When I rode with LF on the TAA Tino sat in the bow and talked to his gf for like an hour or somethin. Collin and Kevin were very very chill and did their job. None the less I still think Tino will do a 1080 this year.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-21-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
Ha ha ha, I love WW!, You folks rock!!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-21-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
It's really a shame you don't quite get aaron. I actually wish more riders felt the responsiblity he feels with regards to the industry they're in and the impact they can have...progressing wakeskating in a legitimate way, making sure wakeskating is presented in a responsible way, total pride in every video part...all the way to total kindness. From what I've witnessed, he's an all around great person who happens to be very opinionated.

he's really a great person and he cares a whole lot about the art he depends on for a living. I understand you're entitled to an opinion, but don't judge a person by a video...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-21-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Aaron Reed is the sh##. He is a Very cool guy, commited to makein the sport of wakskatin a better sport for shure. He also rides DVS shoes witch are the sh## as well. Late.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-21-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
RIGHT ON!

Hey Chef, why didn't they show at the expo? Seemed odd.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-21-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
Keith Lyman, Gerry Nunn, and Devin Rogers are the only pros that I have have met. They were all real cool easy to be around.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-21-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
umali, i dont have the lack of confidence or the superficial need to feel as if i get to "judge" the validity of anyones posts. if you have something to say to me say it privately like a man would.....and spare the rest of wakeworld your childish attempts to constantly criticize others.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
you're absolutely right, since your calling me a retard was the most mature thing to do.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-21-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
Thanks LARRY I mean Gary for this post. Look at the S%^* you started.

We dont need negativity on WW. Its supposed to be a fun thing, and not turning WKboarders against eachother.

I think the most HATEd RIDER right now is _____?

I left it open so you can fill in the blanks
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-21-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
I hate all the Pros because they are taking all my sponsorships...
Old     (frankie_f)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
mike, i'm curious, if your concern was to "spare the rest of wakeworld" of joe's childish attempts to criticize others, why didn't you heed your own advice and email joe instead of posting it in here?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-22-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
frankie, because I have nothing to say...if/when I do I would email or private message him, notice I havent posted any further comments? Wakeworld is a great place to argue about wakeboarding (discuss it even?) not for arguing the quality of ones character.

Thanks for asking though.
Old     (utter_twat)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-22-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Never met him, and don't have much to base my opinion on, but Philip Soven sounds like the most arrogant **** in his interviews to me.

One of the sickest riders though, mad skills...