Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-15-2013, 8:27 AM Reply   
Does anyone have any exposure to installing stargazer into 2000 era Mastercraft? After taking the 1k hit on the PP trying to make up for it by doing install myself. Didn’t know if there’s any tricks or trip ups to be aware of.

Thanks!

Tyler
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-15-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
I havent done it on a mastercraft but the install is pretty straight forward. I just did it on my 1995 hydrodyne... took about 3 hours. but thats more b/c of working in tight spaces and i dont have small hands.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-15-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Stargazer is a simple install for most anyone. Just follow their directions and pay attention to what you are doing.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-16-2013, 7:14 AM Reply   
I believe this era of mastercraft requires an extra cable during the install process. Does anyone have any input on this? This boat previously didnt have perfect pass, so doing everything fresh sadly.

Also, anyone ever heard of the speaker brand dbot5?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-16-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
I think the new Garmin antennas can be mounted under the dash instead of drilling and mounting it on top.. email Mark at PP and see if you have the new antenna.. It's a piece of cake..
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-16-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Mastercraf_X5 View Post
I believe this era of mastercraft requires an extra cable during the install process. Does anyone have any input on this? This boat previously didnt have perfect pass, so doing everything fresh sadly.

Also, anyone ever heard of the speaker brand dbot5?

I would be incredibly surprised if any mastercraft era wasn't correctly packaged by Stargazer with everything you needed for the very simple install that they provide. Stop overthinking this. What is the saying...? ... "so easy a caveman can do it..."...

To your speaker question...yes. On this site. Do a search.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-16-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
Also - the antennas have been under or over capable for years. I installed stargazer on my (old) Sanger DLX 5 years ago and mounted it under the dash.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-21-2013, 3:48 PM Reply   
One last question regarding this install. So in general I would agree it was quite an easy install; however, for 2000-2002 Mastercraft's installing the RPM portion gets tricky. Anybody ever run into this issue and have any luck resolving? The boys at the Mastercraft shop basically told me tough luck should have come to us...
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-21-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
These are the instructions and possible area to area that the RPM wire would be?
Attached Images

Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-21-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
I have a wiring schematic for that plug on the MDC box.. I can get you the receptacle pin number but it easy to just find the gray and splice into it... If your not sure, Start the engine on the hose... Climb under and snip the gray wire (open the circuit).. the rpm should drop to zero on the rpm gage.. then use real splices not the crap they give in the kit to splice the three wires together.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2013, 9:44 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 x star. My pp is attached to the tact. I will try and get you the Info later today or at least where to find it. If I am not mistaken mine is attached behind the gauge cluster. Again tho will get you the info.

Dbot 5 was a decent speaker company back in the days before all the HLCD's became the norm for hearing music while riding. Not sure if they still exist.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-22-2013, 6:14 AM Reply   
Mine comes out of the solid white wire from the MDC . Here ya go

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1615
Size:  100.1 KB
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-22-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the tips on how to tap into the RPM! My grandpa and I wanted to be cautious before cutting something that might have serious ramifications.

I picked up a pair of Dbotz 8" pearls for like $75 bucks. They will be a improvement from the 8" pyle aka piles of crap that were up there before haha. Some day when I hit it big maybe REV10s but today Dbotz. MBA = Money guzzler.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-02-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
Has any one ever had this portion of their Perfect Pass break???
Attached Images