Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-10-2013, 10:00 PM Reply   
Going to Cayman next week. We're staying at the Ritz on Seven Mile Beach. Anyone been there and have recommendations?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-10-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
Bring $$$$$$ And lots of it. Cayman is really nice and fun, but it costs big bucks to eat, drink, dive, snorkle, etc.
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-11-2013, 2:32 AM Reply   
1.) the caymans are expensive
2.) Considering the state of economy in America, you may just want to take All of that money with you and stay there.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-11-2013, 7:15 AM Reply   
Swimmimg with the rays is cool. Make sure you get to feed them. Snorkeling/diving is incredible there.
There is a cool bar with steps that lead into the water. I cant recall the bars name, but the attached restaraunt is the Cracked Conch.
The Ritz is amazing. Enjoy the floating beds in the water, while watching sunsets, or just checking out the moon, while sipping a rum drink.
It is very expensive there, but if you are careful, you can stretch your money out a bit.
Walking along seven mile beach ( really only like 5) is pretty amazing. The sand is so soft and white. We walked up the beach for a couple miles one day and found some taco shack next to the beach. Great fish tacos. I dont recall the name of the place though, sorry.

Have fun!
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-11-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
+1 for swimming with the sting rays.

There's also a boat trip where you dive down for Conch's and boat staff makes a fresh salso and ceviche from the catch, which you eat on the boat ride back. Fresh conch is delicious!

Rent a topless jeep, buy a few cohibas and cruise from one end of the island to the other, drinking rum and smoking cigars.

kitesurfing

walk down the beach till you find the large tiki bar in the sand with a dance floor on the land side of it. Order a bushwhacker and wait for the band to start playing at sunset. grab a girl and dance.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2013, 6:38 PM Reply   
This will be our honeymoon so I guess I know what girl to grab and dance! We'll be staying at one of the Ritz Residences so I'm planning to stock up on some booze in the house and not have to buy the crazy expensive Ritz drinks down at the beach.

My wife wants to parasail. Anyone ever do it down there? Tell me more about the kitesurfing. Can you rent the equipment down there?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-11-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
Its a beautiful place...been there twice when it was a port of call on our cruises. Did the whole snorkling thing over ship wreck, 7mile beach & swimming with stingrays.

Sorry cant help with the kitesurfing stuff.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-12-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
I did the snorkeling over the shipwreck tour, and it was pretty boring. Fyi. Its not a real "wreck", but an old freightliner that they sunk to make an artificial reef.
The ritz drinks are quitebpricey, so good idea stocking up.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-12-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Snorkeling is boring unless its in the great barrier reef lol