Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    whirly            04-18-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
I'm looking to replace to the stock Clarion CD player in my boat. Basically, it's POS. I've already replaced it once under warranty due to skipping and refusing to play the cd altogehter. And this one just skips if the CD is not in perfect condition. And to begin with the CD player just is not of high quality. Hence, I am looking at replacing it. I want to get a good quality CD player at a lower price so I'm looking at eBay. I was wondering about your guys experiences with this, and how the CD player will fit into the CD "bay". I'm looking ot getting one of these from this eBay store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/wwwikesoundcom/plistings/list/all/dept2/index.html. Any suggestions in buying and replacing one for the boat ('01 X-Star)?
Old    obsurfer            04-18-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
Get XM it kicks!! no messing with cd's period..works everywhere
Old    wakebored            04-18-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
I have a SONY CDXMP70X in my boat. Added a Sony CDX757MX 10 disk player and love it. The skip protection works well and it is XM ready. A little more $$ but I think well worth it in the long run.
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-18-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
I'm gonna replace my pos clarion deck with a kenwood, alpine, or sony. I need music to listen to when we aren't underway. It'll cost waaay too much to have music play / be heard while riding! And the 9 to 20 bucks a month to listen to satellite music isn't worth it to me.
Old    wetnwildaudio            04-18-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
Id go with a sony but more than half of the CDX-MP70 ive used have gone bad, best way to go is CDX-M630 or CA700x(or 710). Never had any problems with either. Both work with the wired remote, xm ready, the 10 disc anti skip changer 757MX
Old    skihardkore            04-18-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
i'm going to get the pioneer DEH-3500, it looks awesome and i've heard great things, pretty good value too.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-18-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
i highly recommend cd/mp3 decks. I have a kenwood and two JVC decks and they all work great. and approx 10 hours of music per cd can't be beat! better than XM because you decide exactly what you want to listen to.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-18-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
I love pioneer head units but whatever you do get a mp3/cd player.

Old    wetnwildaudio            04-18-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
MP3 sounds like someone raped my cd player before it started playing, there is alot of music skipped
Old    xtigeman            04-18-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
The Clarion you are talking about is crap, but that is not their Pro Audio line which is one of the best sounding head units out there.

The best sounding low dollar head unit I have heard is actually the Clarion Pro Audio lines, 501, 601 and 701. The 601 and 701 have dual 32 bit which you usually only see on high stuff. I tried out a lot of head unit including the $ 1,200 copper chasis Sony CDX 90???, the 16v pre-out Eclipse, and the most expensive Pioneer Premier that shop had and kept going back to the cheaper Clarion after trying the above for several days in my system.

Caveat, I have since gone to a Nakamichi 700 and a McIntosh 404 which may be going into my new car instead of the boat. Both of these are by far the best sounding units I have heard or used.
Old    whirly            04-18-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
What about blaupunkt? I'm confused on the brand. It seems to be higher priced.. so I'm thinking better quality. But I see it continually for lower than the list price? Has anyone had any experience with the brand. I'm thinking about getting the Casablanca 51.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-18-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
I just got a pioneer premeir deh p740mp off of ebay for a little over $200 for my truck. I love this head unit. For the money, you can't beat it.

Old    obsurfer            04-18-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
have u checked crutchfield no tax and cheap shipping
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-18-2003, 11:24 PM Reply   
jon, don't encode your mp3's at 64 man.

I am pretty certain you could not tell the diff between 128+ mp3 and cd while the boat is running. when standing still it is still negligible due to background noise, wind, etc.. trade off is negligible and well worth the convenience.