Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (randobob)      Join Date: May 2008       05-19-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I'm up here in Seattle, and my season just started two days ago (We got started late up here because of global warming...it was snowing on 4/20, which was a trip). Anyway, my home lake is Lake Washington, I usually get up at around 4:30/5am because the glass goes away by 9am typically. Sometimes its F'n cold that early in the morning, and I'm hung over from the night before...so I really need to pump myself up before heading out. I have a few DVD's, but nothing get's me pumped more than SNAFU...my favorite wakeboarding DVD. Murry has some butters outside the wake that I didn't even think were possible; and with two Swollen Member songs, the sound track is hard to beat.

What is your favorite, most inspiring, awesome soundtrack Wakeboarding DVD?
Old     (pvsawyer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-19-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
My favorite wakeboarding DVD: Impact

My favorite soundtrack: Transgression (I love the songs by The American Dollar)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
The Truth or Counterfeit This easily win imo.
Old     (ron1xone)      Join Date: May 2007       05-19-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
Counterfeit this has a lame sound track with the Black eyed Peas and Taking back sunday, but had good riding.
i think the truth had better riding and a way better sound track.
Old     (randobob)      Join Date: May 2008       05-21-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Any other suggestions?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
The Truth is probably one of the best I have seen. I also like Free 4 All, Boombox, Metronome, Bent Felix and others. I haven't really watched many that I didn't enjoy. I haven't seen Push Process or Transgression yet, they are on my short list along with Drive and Godspeed.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
I liked The Truth, Innuendo, Updog, Transgression, and Push Process the most out of every movie that I own. Which, actually, that's like, close to half my library, but whatever. I enjoy them all, but those are easily my favorites. Ben Greenwood's section in Innuendo is awesome, and I really like Shawn Watson and Darin Shapiro's sections in Updog.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
Transgression = #1
Drive is suppose to be killer
12 honkeys is a classic and pretty good
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-21-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
For upbeat get-pumped-to-ride videos, get The Truth and Push Process. For a chill artsy video also with great riding, check out Transgresstion
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-22-2008, 1:33 AM Reply   
push process
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 4:05 AM Reply   
I thought Retrospect was a phenomenal DVD - anyone who has been wakeboarding for a while would appreciate it, and those newer to the sport could get to know the history pretty well just by watching that DVD.

12 Honkeys - check out Collin Wright's section, pretty unbelieavable how technical and smooth that guys ability to spin was even back then. Can you say method-to indy- to blind?

Scrubs of the South - straight up, in your face riding. If you're in the mood for trick after trick and not the filler, this is a good one to watch before you hit the water for the day as it does a good job of setting the tone. Pick it up for $5 right here: http://www.swispro.com/ (no, I don't have any affiliation, just passing along info on a great dvd for 5 smackers)

Shafted: Parks' section in Shafted cannot be touched by anyone to this day. Not even Frog with his Moby Birds etc. This is a must see - I dont believe there's a section in any other DVD where any other rider displays a deeper arsenal of tricks accompanied with the style and amplitude as this.

Natural Born Thrillaz: Randy Harris' section in this DVD could very well be the best section ever recorded in the history of wakeboarding from a stylistic POV. It has been a while since I've seen it but I'm pretty sure the first trick shows him screaming into the wake behind some boat with a ski pole on it and he does the biggest indy tantrum you've ever seen...then takes it to blind. Monster heelside mobes, all sorts of 7's, some great shots of his remix (wrapped slim chance), the famous shot of his 30 ft. high method, all the 180's 50 ft. out in the flats. He really holds nothing back on this one. Between the song, quality of riding, places they filmed, and great angles and shots gotten by the camera men - this very well may be the best wakeboard section in history.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-22-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
I personally didn't like Transgression much. My favorite is Retrospect by far.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-22-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
Transgression for me.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-22-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
I am still a big fan of Incomplete.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-22-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Push Process for me
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
Are you guys serious with push process? I bought it because of all the talk about how good it was, best thing about it was it was in widescreen and Lyman and Rathy's sections were pretty good. Other than that, I wouldn't put it up there with 12 honkeys, Transgression, Bent Felix, The Truth, and on and on. I guess everyone's opinion is different.
Old     (premiergirl)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-22-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
Counterfeit This and Updog
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-22-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
push process, but Drive looks like its going to be really good when it comes out.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-22-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
counterfeit this and relentless are great